Monday, November 20, 2006

Latest Road Bike

I wasn't sure what to write for my first post. I always like when people talk about the bikes they ride and show some pictures of them. It helps me create a mental image of the person behind the blog. So I figured a post about my newest bike is as good as any. I had my last road bike for over 15 years (it did not get ridden much for the past 9 or 10), so I felt it was time for a change. How did I decide on the Leader 736R frame? I like the design and the frame got good reviews on www.roadbikereveiw.com. I built the bike up with SRAM Force shifters/derailers/cassette/chain. Why did I chose SRAM? I like to be different and wasn't influenced by the Shimano or Campy shift systems because my old bike had down tube shifters. Therefore, I hadn't used the newer Shimano or Campy systems in the past. I bought all of the components including the Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheels from www.texascyclesport.com, which is right up the road from me. Michael who runs this location lives close by and meets me after work with my goodies when I place an order. The bike runs great and is feels fast (the rider is not so fast most of the time...haha). I love the double tap shifting and have no regrets at all with the SRAM Force system. The wheels are great too and just have a solid feel about them, as well as looking great. I may not have this bike for 15 years, but it will be more than a few years for sure. Being in China/Australia/New Zealand the past 2 weeks has put a damper on my riding. Having a 5 day weekend coming up will be great for catching up on my riding and it looks like the weather is going to be great. Below are some pictures of the bike.

Chris









2 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

welcome to the blogosphere!!!

sweet ride you have there!

peace out, yo!

11/20/06, 7:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks man. I enjoy your blog.

11/20/06, 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home