Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday on Vacation

I am on vacation this week. I have been doing fun stuff like painting and fixing my laundry room drain. Thrilling. On the upside I have been able to get in some solid training rides.

Today the program called for a "Spin Basic" session which is minimum 90rpm with a target HR zone of 129-147. Not an ass buster, but it is not easy spinning at that rpm for 2 hours. I managed an average cadence of 98.


My new computer. So far so good. I especially like it because everything is heads up. No separate HR watch to glance over at. I have the same problem with this HR monitor as I have with my other monitor in that it takes a while to actually pick up the right HR. I wet my chest first, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Once the sweat gets rolling it works fine. I need to try some of that gel that is squeezed on prior to wearing it.


Some open ranges on my route today. Sometimes the cows get surprised and bolt, but most of the time they could care less.


The bridge over Onion Creek.


Oak tree lined country roads. It was a great day for riding today.

Three days until the Fayetteville Stage Race.

10 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

cows? do they just walk around randomly out there? no fences or anything?

don't they get lost and stuff?

3/12/08, 8:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lauren - in places the roads run through the cow fields. They are kept from walking up the roads out of the fields by cattle guards which are a series of pipes in the road which the cows can't walk across.

3/12/08, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Groover said...

Beautiful countryside and quiet roads. Just not much of a shoulder. How is the traffic. Hope the drivers are a bit more understanding and courteous in your part of the world ... :-)

3/13/08, 3:15 AM  
Blogger TCA said...

GIVE ME SOME OF THAT WEATHER!

It's raining cats & dogs over here!

Al

3/13/08, 7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man Chris, you are livin' the dream!
"I had a shine on my boots, I had my sideburns lowered.
With my new york brim and my gold tooth displayed,
Nobody give me trouble cause they know I got it made.
I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
Girl I'm bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, I'm nationwide. "
Your new nickname. Nationwide!
Looks like a great day for a ride; wish I could swing another trip down there . . .

3/13/08, 10:01 AM  
Blogger jahowie said...

Looks like a great area to ride in! Enjoy the vacation!!

3/13/08, 10:08 AM  
Blogger chatterbox said...

ack! I'm so behind on the blogs. Happy belated birthday to your wife! You are looking quite skinny these days.

I think the 35+ 4/5 races will be great. I hope you have fun at the stage race. It's an ass kicker for sure. But, you will come back SO strong.

3/13/08, 10:31 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

remember on the TT: eyes up, ahead on the road. Stay aero. Go fast. etc, etc.

3/13/08, 3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the Top! Just makes you want to drink beer and raise hell!
Slipknot; really? Well, I guess you can thank god at least it isn't Insane Clown Posse.
I'll bet that guy's house is one scary place on Halloween!

3/14/08, 9:42 AM  
Blogger Zach said...

Good luck on your stage race!

3/15/08, 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home