Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Ride

Big Cat met me at my house at 9am to do a quick 12 miles while before Mr. P, our boss, was to arrive at 10am. Mr. P just started biking and has not gone more than 7 miles in the past 5 years, so we were in for a slow ride. Big Cat and I cruised on the 12 mile portion of the ride basically doing an out and back on a quiet route South of my house. I still can't hope to stay close to Big Cat on the hills. He just floats away from me. It is good to see him enjoying biking so much since he is fairly new to it himself. The out portion was into the wind, so the ride back was nice and quiet and peaceful. You all know the silence and gear sound associated with a nice tail wind. It can't be beat. We met Mr. P back at my house. Mr. P is actually riding an old bike of mine - a 1991 Cannodale 3.0 which still has 6 speed Suntour on it. It was a great bike, and really it still is. We decided to take Mr. P out for a 13 mile loop which we thought may have been pushing his limits. The ride went well. Mr. P hates the hills, but other than that, he did fine. It was a great day to be out in the Texas Hill Country. The temperature is right at 70 degrees. I am so glad I do not live in CT any longer where the weather is just starting to turn bad. On the home stretch I was doing my best Italian impressions of Dave from Breaking Away. Nobody laughed. I don't get it. I was cracking myself up. Here are a few pictures.

Big Cat as we were heading out this morning.


Mr. P cresting a hill.


My puppy Ender waiting for me to make a move for his Frisbee.


My puppy Valentine scanning the horizon for deer.

3 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

i was stationed at ft. hood in the mid 70's, so i've been to austin once or twice. a group of us frm one of the m.p. companies on post used to drive down on wednesdays for amateur night at hook 'ems. it was a good time. perhaps i'll get back to texas someday.

yeah, the flat tire tonight kinda sucked. oh well, it goes with the territory, i guess :) quite a bit of debris in the streets. i probably caught a thorn or something.

keep up the blogging!

peace out, yo!

11/25/06, 6:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - If you and your crew ever want to escape the winter snow and do some riding, this is a great place to do it. The Texas Hill Country is great for road riding, and there are some great MTB areas in Austin and San Antonio as well.

11/25/06, 6:45 PM  
Blogger megan said...

cute PUP!

11/28/06, 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home