Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Dam Loop on Sunday

Somehow, we managed to turn what should have been a 35 mile ride into a 55 mile ride. It was a great ride though and the weather was superb. The ride consisted of a loop of some of the main highways in Austin. The ride took us from Southwest Austin, up past the Mansfield Dam into the Northwest part of Austin, then back down South on the most direct route, Highway 360. There was one hill along the route that was a real nut buster. The hill coming out of Barton Creek onto 2244 is so steep that I was in danger of tipping over due to my slow accent. I actually had to stop for a minute to let my heart rate come back down. Such is life when you are out of shape. I rode today with Big Cat and two great gals, Sunflower and Martillo. Here are some pictures.


Sunflower and Big Cat ascending a hill.


Here is a familiar site - the back of Big Cat.


Sunflower on the 620.


Martillo on the 620.


Big Cat, Sunflower and Martillo banging out the miles (notice the wheel sucker in the rear).

3 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

35 turns into 55.... nothing wrong with that! how'd you feel the next day?

keep riding!

peace out, yo!

11/28/06, 8:48 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

heyyyyyyyy.......

you guys still have tans and are wearing shorts. what's up with that?

i have studs mounted on a spare set of wheels for the surly and will probably need them before the end of the week!

peace out, yo!

11/28/06, 8:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I felt good the next day except for some wierd cramp in my neck. We are riding this weekend and I many have to wear tights because it is supposed to be in the 30s. Yikes. Giving me flashbacks of the NE.

11/29/06, 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home