Thursday, April 10, 2008

Back in Texas

I got home on Tuesday evening. I am very happy to be back at home with the boys. 10 days seemed like 3 weeks for some reason.

Today was my first day back on the bike and I didn't feel that bad. I could tell it had been a while, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I think my body is detoxing from too much wiener schnitzel, beer, and Bordeaux. It is to be expected. My coach wants me to do a few moderate workouts over the next few days. If I feel alright doing those workouts, he wants me to get back on my schedule over the weekend. Hopefully it works out. My back only hurt today when I stood on the pedals. It was a bit sore after the ride, but nothing Ibuprofen couldn't fix.

I went to my doctor yesterday morning for my leg He gave me an oral antibiotic and a prescription cream that is usually used on burns. My leg feels 100 times better already. I knew it was infected. Apparently European doctors only prescribe antibiotics as a last resort for fear of creating super viruses. Whatever. I feel like I suffered unnecessarily. The leg felt fine riding today, except it was a bit itchy. I should be back to normal in a week.

Hopefully I will be mentally ready to race again by the end of April. We shall see. Have a good Friday.

14 Comments:

Blogger Groover said...

Itching is good. It means it's healing.

Good to hear that you're back on the bike. Enjoy.

4/11/08, 2:43 AM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Get out and work out those kinks, but make sure to give time and attention to the wife and boys. I bet you will be mentally ready to race sooner than you think.

4/11/08, 5:47 AM  
Blogger jahowie said...

I'm glad that you made it home safely. I bet your boys were all over you!! :-) Have a great weekend!!

4/11/08, 6:15 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

I'm with groover, Itchy is good!!! Glad your doctor put you on antibiotics and gave you the cream, in this day and age who needs to suffer....

you'll be back in full swing by the weekend...oh, that starts today!

Have a great weekend!

4/11/08, 7:10 AM  
Blogger Here and there said...

Welcome Back! I love Schnitzel, and Streudel, but it's always good to get back home.

4/11/08, 8:27 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Good to have you back! Have a great weekend - remember about the chicks dig scars - that looks like its on its way to a good one!

4/11/08, 9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Back in the USofA. Welcome home there Itchy! :^)
Glad to hear your feeling better and ready to get back in the saddle.
Be careful!

4/11/08, 12:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Groover - if itching is good, I will be back to normal in no time.

Rick - I have had a great time with the boys since returning. I think I am taking Angelo to watch a local MTB race on Sunday.

Jahowie - thanks.

Lily - AMEN! I am all for prescribing medicine :)

Cyndy - I didn't hit the struedel. I should have though. I am sure after all the food abuse it wouldn't have made a difference.

Alicia - well then, in the past 4 months I have really improved my appeal :)

Oldman - are you back at home?

4/11/08, 8:01 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

"10 days seemed like 3 weeks" Ha -that's how I felt while in TX - loved the place, but being injured and down was a major draaaaag.

I'm so glad you're back and feeling better. No doubt the wife and boys are giving you plenty of TLC to help you along. Sending you lots of good wishes!!

4/12/08, 5:29 AM  
Blogger Fat Lad said...

It's always nice to get home...

4/12/08, 1:01 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

i always love the feeling of falling asleep in my own bed - after being away on a business trip.

knowing that you're kids are asleep in the next room over and you're finally home.

itching is VERY good for boo boos.

4/12/08, 8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, we are back. It is a long story but this may be the last time I ever go on a Spring Break trip.
Tell you all about it tomorrow!

4/13/08, 3:26 PM  
Blogger Ron George said...

how did the kids react on seeing the wound, or did you hide it?

4/14/08, 6:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ron - the young one is too young to know. The older one just stared at it for a minute and then moved on to more interesting things.

4/14/08, 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home