Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekend

It is a big racing weekend in Texas. Unfortunately I am not doing any of the three races. After being out of town for work last week and my upcoming departure for Virginia on Tuesday, there is just no time for racing this weekend. The plan is to do some good training and hang out with my little guys and wife.

Speaking of training, I set out for mine today at around 4pm when it was 95 degrees. Needless to say I felt like shit after about 45 minutes and was seriously dragging ass by the time I was done. I am going out with the guys from the shop tomorrow morning when it is cool. I think my steed of choice will be the Retro Rocket which I have not ridden in a month or more.

Yesterday I registered for the AT&T Downtown Austin Criterium. The race is on the NRC calendar and is one of the biggest races in Texas. Most US Pro teams will be represented - Toshiba, Jelly Belly, Rock Racing, Toyota, Colavita will all be there. The women's racing is going to be kick ass too. Advil-Chapstick, Cheerwine, Colavita, Team Revolution, Rock Racing and a team from New Zealand will be there for the women. Sydney Brown will be coming down with Team Revolution so it will be cool to get to see her in action.

And finally, here is #7 on the list of "Top 10 Cheesiest Songs of All Time That You Probably Like But Won't Admit It." Sex Bomb by the man with the package, Tom Jones.

11 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

tom jones? you're scaring me, buddy....

5/24/08, 7:44 PM  
Blogger Groover said...

I hope Sydney doesn't race like that, no chamois and all hehehe

Awesome racing coming up for you ...

5/25/08, 2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to lay low some times and hang with the family. That's what holiday weekends were made for.
Good luck training in that heat; too hot for us midwesterners.
Make sure you get some vid of Syd in action and ring the cowbell a couple times for me.
Tom Jones is the MAN (not really but he thinks so)!

5/25/08, 3:19 PM  
Blogger chatterbox said...

resting with the family on a holiday weekend is good. You will get back to the racing soon enough.

Man I feel you on the ride in 95 degrees. It is just not fun. Hard to push in that kind of heat.

5/25/08, 4:16 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

OMG, throw my red panties on the stage for that one!!! Just kidding! Where are you finding these??? LMAO!!! :-X

hahaha Blue...."your scaring me" really!!

Enjoy your family time, have a great Memorial Day!

5/25/08, 5:23 PM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Intervention time!

Enjoy the time with the family; the recovery will get you ready for what is coming. And the only reason to train in the heat is if you plan on racing in the heat ... which I don't.

5/25/08, 8:54 PM  
Blogger Ron George said...

Im lovin your musical insights to cheesiness.keep them coming.

5/25/08, 9:44 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

My ex-girlfriend is a professional ballet/hip-hop/jazz dancer, for one of the dance competitions she was in with 5 other dancers (all attractive) they did the best dance to this song, so I like it:D

Bugger you can't race, you'll be itching for it when you get back!

5/25/08, 11:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - I thought he would be more your speed.

Groover - June is a full racing month. Hopefully it will all fall into place for me.

Oldman - I have to find a cowbell for sure.

Chatterbox - not only is it hard to train, but it is hard to get motivated to train. It is even hot in the morning.

Lily - it is amazing what you can find on YouTube.

Rick - unfortunately here, there isn't a choice from June til October. It is always hot.

Lauren - yeah baby!

Ron - cheese is kind of subjective, but I am trying.

Whitey - sounds like a good music scene in Australia :)

5/26/08, 8:19 AM  
Blogger Zach said...

Tom Jones is da man... but I don't listen him too much. Only song of his I know is that "It's not unusual" or whatever it is...

I'll give you credit for Tommy for cheesy songs we "might" like, but the other songs have been freakin' me out so far

now I gotta find my Barbie and go party tonight

5/26/08, 2:12 PM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

Chris, I'd never heard that song before. Yikes.

Haven't registered for the crit yet, but will do soon. Can't wait to come see you but hope we get some hot weather up here to get used to the heat.

@groover, race with no chammy?! You gotta be kiddin' 'Specially since I make use of a minty adaptation of Keith Bontrager's recipe.
http://www.pyrasports.com/v2/viewarticle2.aspx?uid=75

5/28/08, 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home