Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday Ride

Big Cat, J-Man and I were able to get out late morning for a few hour ride. We met at Big Cat's house and decided to do the Damn Loop which is about 32 miles and fairly hilly. It was a bit windy today and threatened to rain the entire time. Luckily it held off and we had a good ride. My intention was not to go too hard today because my legs have felt dead since the crit on Thursday. Yesterday's hammerfest certainly didn't help. I will take tomorrow off to try to recoup. I wore my HR monitor today and recorded some data. Here it is if you are into this kind of thing:

Miles - 32
Avg. - 17.3
Avg. HR - 141
Max HR - 169
Time in Target Zone - 1:40
Calories burned - 1369

Nothing to brag about for sure. I feel like I worked a lot harder than the data shows because my legs feel spent. I took The Bug out for a walk after the ride to try to loosen up and it helped some. We have a babysitter coming tonight and are going to go out to dinner and who knows what else. I am excited because it hasn't happened often over the past 15 months.


J-Man finishing the 2 mile climb up past Steiner Ranch on RT. 620.


Big Cat hamming it up for the camera.


The Radillac at the end of another good ride. I love this car.

7 Comments:

Blogger Eclectchick said...

Damn Loop - I love that. You've inspired me. I think I'll name one of my loops (the one which contains the With-ruda Triangle, a mysterious area of increased gravity) Bloody Hell Loop.

3/25/07, 6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think all regular routes should have a name, like stages of the tour. Of course they would all be "Home to Home". Guess that doesn't really work, does it?
I used to call one particularly bad hill "L'Alpe d'Huez". Made the climb seem more challenging.

3/26/07, 5:50 AM  
Blogger Pete Basso said...

Great job Chris...I was laughing at the "Damn Loop" too because that is what I've named most every training ride. Keep up the good work.

3/26/07, 7:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Eclectchick - Bloody Hell Loop it is. I am going to St. Paul to ride with my bro Sully this summer. Let me know where The Bloody Hell is. :)

Oldman - how is the riding going? Has the permafrost melted off completely yet?

Pete - thanks and congrats on your first place this weekend.

3/26/07, 6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris: No more bitching from me these days. It was 78 here yesterday and I took full advantage of it off road for the first time this year!

3/27/07, 6:04 AM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Hey, I'll do that! Glad you won't be riding the Withruda Triangle alone - less chance of being abducted that way, I s'pose.

3/27/07, 8:45 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

We just name our rides by where we're going -- usually the halfway point. So there's a Fort Calhoun ride, an Arlington ride, Waterloo, Valley, Two Rivers, etc.

3/27/07, 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home