Sunday, March 18, 2007

For Your Viewing Pleasure


I bought this DVD last week and watched it over the weekend. If you are an Eddy Merckx fan, you will love these documentaries. The first film, "La Course en Tete" starts with the 1973 World Championships and then moves to the Giro that year. It also goes back to 1972 for Eddy's 1 Hour World Record set in Mexico City. The film shows a lot about what goes on behind the scenes at the large stage races. It is kind of crazy actually.

The second film, "The Greatest Show on Earth" is only about the 1974 Giro and the battle between Merckx, Gimondi, and Fuentes. It is a fantastic documentary.

These are not English films, so when they are talking which isn't often, it is subtitled. There is a lot of cheesy music and La Course seems to jump around a lot without explanation of what events you are watching, but it is still awesome. If you are a Merckx fan, these are a must see.


My dogs weren't impressed by Eddy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pete Basso said...

Picture of the dogs kill me Chris, that's the favortie past time of my two boxers, except they seem to think the couch is the only suitable place for their royalty!!

3/18/07, 6:24 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Your doggies are cute, and I liked your DVD review.

3/18/07, 6:47 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Awwww, that pup pic is ADORABLE. What beautiful kids. Boxers rock - but a little less than greyhounds, of course.

;-)

3/18/07, 6:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pete, Sweet, and Eclect - they are like my kids. Even now that I have a kid. Best dogs in the world.

3/18/07, 7:22 PM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Awwwww...cute dogs. I understand about your dogs being your kids. I talk about Naomi at work more then people who actually have kids. They always look at me like I'm crazy when they realize that she has four legs :-)

3/18/07, 7:52 PM  
Blogger rigtenzin said...

I like these videos too. They're fun to watch in the winter. I also like Stars and Water Carriers.

3/19/07, 8:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the old cycling films; especially the one day classics with the entire peleton covered in mud and spare tires draped over their shoulders.
I think my dogs are the "best" in the world, but looking at the photo, I think your dogs could take them in a street brawl! :^)

3/19/07, 12:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Danielle - I remember seeing your puppy a few times in your posts. She is a doll:)

Rig - I will have to look that one up. It was funny in the video that they used to call them water boys rather than the now used term Domestique.

Oldman - my dogs may look mean, but they are pussies.

3/19/07, 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home