Sunday, February 25, 2007

Old San Antonio Road

Today we met at Akin High School for a ride down Old San Antonio Road. There were six of us on the ride today - Mr. P, Little Bro, Sunflower, Martillo, Bunny, and I. It was a beautiful day down here in Texas. I bet you Norsemen get tired of me saying that, eh? There were loads of bikers out today. We saw everything from teams practicing their pacelines to old folks on mountain bikes. It was just a great day all around. Sunflower brought her friend Bunny today. This was the first time I met her, and she turned out to be cool and a pretty good rider. Hopefully she will ride with us again. Big Cat was a no-show and I never heard back from J-Man. Hopefully they can make it out next weekend.

My HR monitor indicated that my average today was 121 bpm with a max of 161 bpm. Ok Ok. So I didn't work that hard today :).

Tomorrow I have to finish unpacking my new office in our new building. On Tuesday I am off to Orange County, CA. I then travel from the OC to Minneapolis on Thursday and return to Austin on Friday evening. It should be a shit week for sure.


Sunflower (in blue) and her friend Bunny in the parking lot at Akin H.S. before the ride.


Heading down Old San Antonio Road toward Buda. I think Little Bro needs a longer shirt.


Bunny (in red) and Martillo hammering down the road before the turnaround.


Little Bro dicking around as usual.


Bunny having fun on the way back to the cars.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Lucky.

Here? Cold. Wind. Snow. No riding this weekend, and it's bumming me out. Never even made it out of my PJ's today...

2/25/07, 7:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky Texas-cyclist bastard! Riding on a sunny Sunday with shorts and short sleeves.
You realize this is like rubbing salt in our wounds, don't you? :^(

2/26/07, 7:46 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

so not fair - here I train for my 4th RTR inside cuz it's 33 degrees and raining/sleeting and you, you post photos like that - I'm coming down there!

2/26/07, 8:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jeff-Sometimes pajama days are not so bad. But when they mess with a riding day, that is different.

Oldman-There is a house for sale up the street from me. I am sure that they would be more than happy to sell it to you.

Alicia-It would be hard to train inside for an event. You should come down and do the Texas Hell Week in March. 8 days of sunny riding in the Texas Hill Country.

2/26/07, 3:22 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

it's been pouring here for the last 3 days.

i miss short sleeves...

2/26/07, 8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you neighbors willing to do a swap for a contemporary house on a river in West Michigan? There are no jobs here, but I would be willing to throw in the hot tub to sweeten the deal! :^)

2/27/07, 6:26 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

how come you get to ride with a couple of hotties? do you think that's fair to the rest of us?

peace out, yo!

2/27/07, 11:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - I will check around for you.

Blue - just lucky I guess :)

2/27/07, 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home