Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday

Little Bro wanted to ride on the flats today so we headed down to the Veloway on Mopac South of town. Also riding with us today was my boss, Mr. P. I promised Little Bro that we would keep it reasonably short after complaints of soreness from yesterday's ride, so we targeted 20 miles again. We planned to do a lap around the Veloway, then head South on Mopac to Route 45, turn around and come back, and do another 3 laps on the Veloway and then call it a day. The ride went as expected. Mr. P keeps improving and his wife has given him the go ahead to fork some money over to me so that I can build him a sweet road ride. He is still riding my 1991 Cannondale 3.0. On the way back to the Veloway from the turn at Route 45 three people passed me while I was trundling along waiting for Little Bro and Mr. P (two guys and a gal). They were riding a pace line and blew by me without even looking over. It sort of pissed me off for some reason. There was just an arrogance about that group that I didn't like. So after they opened up a little more that a 1/4 mile gap, I dropped the head and took off after them. I caught them about 200 yards before the Veloway which was about 3 miles away from the point where I took off after them. I pushed it hard to catch them, not super hard, but hard enough. I averaged about 26 mph or so over those three miles, and was pretty happy with that given my fitness level. I just blew right by them without looking over. But this time they definitely looked over at me. HA! Anyway, I think Little Bro will give cycling a chance moving forward.


Little Bro (white) and Mr. P (red) heading South on Mopac.


My guess is that Mr. P. is telling Little Bro that I am a Marketing genius.


The end of a love affair. Little Bro returns the carbon Lemond Zurich to the shop.


My post ride nutrition. An Original sandwich at Schlotzsky's on South Lamar.

6 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

mmmmmmmmm........... that looks like a yummy sandwich!!!!!

peace out, yo!

2/11/07, 7:34 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

oh yeah, the sandwich looks so good right now!

2/11/07, 8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have to demand respect from those hard-core Roadies! It is never given freely.
I should carry one of those sandwiches with me on a long ride; a little sloppy in your back pocket, but it would beat the hell out of a Clif Bar! :^)

2/12/07, 8:08 AM  
Blogger Here and there said...

I am SOOO glad you caught up to those stinkin' roadies and schooled 'em! They could say "hi" or "grab on back" as they fly by. Oh, and I miss Schlotsky's. yum.

2/12/07, 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude glad to see you're keeping it real. I just pounded a Freebird Monster after my "workout."

As for the toolsheds on parade you need to start firing off "LEFT!" when you get within 50 feet like that chick in the movie SPANG-GLISH.

Keeping it real in the 75490.

2/12/07, 6:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Cyndy - I love their sandwiches. I have never looked a the nutritional information. I suspect it is not good.

Sully - there are more tools on the road than the old days. Get your ass back down to TX.

2/12/07, 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home