Sunday, January 28, 2007

Runners To Your Mark....

Today was the 3M Half Marathon & Relay. I did the relay with my boss, Mr. P. We had a good time and finished a little faster than we thought we would. My time (which is still in debate with Mr. P) was right at an hour for the 6.7 mile first leg. Our total time was 2:12 for the half, but only the second leg runner has a timing chip, so they began timing us at the horn. Those of you who have done one of these know that it can take 5 minutes to get to the start. Anyway, I am happy with one hour for this stage of my fitness. I think I will keep running because it seems to be a nice compliment to biking.

Yesterday I did a spin class at my gym. It was my first spin class ever so I wasn't sure what to expect. It quickly became apparent that you get out of spin what you are willing to put into it. I busted my ass and after an hour I felt like I had a great workout. I will try to do one spin class a week on a day when I won't be able to run or bike.

I hope you all had a weekend filled with riding.

4 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

good job on the 1/2!!!!

spin classes sound like some kind of torture!

peace out, yo!

1/29/07, 6:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, riding; the couch!
Spinning is not my friend. In college a buddy of mine had rollers and we got to the point where you could study on them. Now, you can't get me on those contraption.
X-country sking is the only thing that saves me these days.
Come on Summer!

1/29/07, 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the half bro. Since you didn't have chip were they timing it with an analog stopwatch as well?

Put the finshing touches on the B-ment so it's ready for the rock.

Late.

1/29/07, 10:00 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

good job on the run!

spin classes are awesome. i personally love them b/c i hate intervals so much. they force me to do a good hour of intervals each week.

1/30/07, 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home