Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday Woes


This may look normal for you, but this is TX.

The ice has finally found me. I moved from CT to TX this year to escape it, but there can be no escape for me. It always finds me.

I got up this morning and looked outside and my deck was covered with ice. That was all I needed to see to decide that I would be working from home today. When I lived in TX the first time about 10 years ago having just arrived from the Pittsburgh, PA area, I left my house in one of these ice storms. Big mistake. The road crews have no means of dealing with ice such as sand or salt. The people have no idea how to drive in bad conditions so the number of accidents are insane. I remember watching a guy at a stop sign in the ice storm 10 years ago. He started to spin as he moved through the stop sign. What is the solution for losing traction in TX? You just give it more gas, DUH! The car was moving at 5 mph, but his tires were spinning at 75 mph. No joke. So I will just work from my nice safe home today.

On another note, one of my heat pumps quit working yesterday leaving me with heat in only the upstairs of my house. It is nice and toasty up here, but it still sucks. It figures that on the coldest day of winter that my heat would fail. I am sure that the repair service that I called yesterday who were then closed will not be able to get here today because of the roads. Such is my life right now.

7 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

have you seen that movie "the ice storm"?

1/15/07, 9:49 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

No Lauren. Do they run out of food and have to eat their pets? I have my eye on my chunky puppy right now. mmmm

1/15/07, 10:19 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

"if it weren't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all... gloom, despair, and agony on me..."

things will get better. :)

peace out, yo!

1/15/07, 6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Working from home....how in the hell can that be bad????:)

Peace

1/16/07, 8:18 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Good point Squirrel. Let's just say the dress code is not as strict here.

1/16/07, 10:37 AM  
Blogger Here and there said...

Have fun working from home. I love to work from home, I get all my laundry done. We are iced over in Salem, Oregon too! I'm thankful for my studded tires and that I live 1.5 miles from work.

1/16/07, 11:31 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

My sister out there loads up at Walmart before one of those. What she loads up on, I don't know...

keep safe!

1/16/07, 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home