Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nice RACK

Today I put my old roof rack on the little car that I now drive. Prior to that I was just throwing it in the back of the SUV. I thought it would cost between $100 and $150 to fit it to the new car, but it ended up being more like $250 because I had to buy new towers, new locks (I lost the key to the old ones and had to drill them out) and a new fairing. Seems like a lot of money but I plan on having my little car for a long time, so it should be worth it in the end.

It is kind of a gloomy day in Austin. I can't complain about the weather too much because I know some of you have it much worse off. Today I am going to do a run. I have committed to doing a 1/2 marathon relay with my boss, so I am trying make sure my 6.7 miles can be done at a respectable pace. Remember that respectable is a subjective term :). Tomorrow I am meeting Mr. P and Big Cat for a road ride at 10am. It should be a good time. Enjoy your Saturday.


Before - 2006 Scion Xa.


After - Bike ready 2006 Scion Xa.


I finally finished organizing my garage and this is the new bike area. The frame/fork on the top is the retro roadie that I will finish building shortly. Two bikes did not make the shot. One is an older road bike that I lent to Mr. P. The other is my first mountain bike which is hanging just off the right side of this picture.


My two puppies Ender (fawn) and Valentine (brindle) wanting to play fetch. Truth be told they like to play tuggie with the frisbee more than chase it.

5 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

nice rack!

i think i'll clean my garage out in the spring...

happy new year!

peace out, yo!

12/30/06, 4:45 PM  
Blogger KMC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/30/06, 6:03 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

I have a Scion xB with racks. Both cars have a wonderfully flat top for putting bike racks on! I can also get my bike in the back with the seats down and the front wheel off. This car replaced my Ford F250 Power Stroke Diesel. I sometimes miss the convenience of just throwing the bikes in the back of the pickup, but the trade was totally worth it!

12/31/06, 9:42 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jeff, how do you go from a Power Stroke to a Scion? That is a big change in direction. And you are right, the low flat roof makes it great for getting the bike on and off. Especially when you are not tall.

12/31/06, 1:13 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

It was a big lifestyle change for us. Got rid of the truck, travel trailer, quads, dirt bikes... Now we're just down to bicycles! Simple Living.

12/31/06, 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home