Saturday, December 16, 2006

Bad Bad Day

Today I had one of those riding days that happen only once a year or even once every other year. I had nothing in the tank, NOTHING. I also felt like I was going to puke up my breakfast Cheerios the entire time. Big Cat met me at my house at 9am for what was supposed to be a 35-40 mile ride. Almost as soon as we got started, I felt tired and heavy and slow. The wind was whipping hard today, so that didn't help the problem. By about 15 miles into the ride, I was absolutely dragging ass. Big Cat kept looking back at me trying to figure out what was wrong. It was so bad that I was going up hills in my lowest gear and was still trying to grab another. After another 8 miles, I was totally drained and had no interest in continuing the ride. Big Cat went ahead to finish the loop and I got a ride back to my house. I just want to forget today and hope tomorrow will be much better.


The wind was whipping like a MOTHER.


The drop down into Barton Creek.


I'm sorry bike. You deserved better today.


The end of a very bad ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

some days are better than others, eh? there's always tomorrow.

peace out, yo!

12/16/06, 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home