Wednesday, November 29, 2006

ebay Bastages!

Ok, this has happened to me twice now in a week. I am building another road bike shortly and want to get the same pedals that I have on my current road bike. I am using the Shimano 6600 SPD-R type. So I saw a lightly used set of 7700s and placed my bid on them which I thought was a good bid. Well, as usual, I was winning the auction a few hours before the end and then some squatters bid the pedals up at the last minute and got them for a few bucks more than my max. Two days later, I found another pair and placed an even higher maximum bid. Once again some squatter nailed the pedals at the end of the auction for 1 dollar more. I think there should be some rule against these tactics on ebay. I know it is just part of the deal, but I hate being in an auction for days and seeing that I am winning it only to find out when I get home from work that somebody bid it up with 5 minutes left to seal the deal. Anyway, enough of that.

The sun goes down here in Texas right around 6pm. That means no riding during the week unless I am willing to ride at night. I am going to look for a good light so that can be an option, but night riding is just not my bag. So, tonight I ran. I have been running during the week for the past few weeks. It helps my biking for sure, but the problem is that I HATE RUNNING. The only thing that makes it tolerable is my iPod. Tonight I felt mellow and ran to the soundtrack of the Wedding Singer. Nothing like Boy George and the Thompson Twins to get you pumped up.

My buddy Nugget is coming down from Minnesota tomorrow for a weekend of riding. We have a ride planned with some friends this weekend that has become known as the Hill Country 53. Look for pictures on Saturday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

cateye doubleshot for night riding. they're expensive, but worth it if you plan to ride at night a lot. helmet mounted with the battery in your jersey pocket. otherwise, the cateye EL500 is the brightest bar mount light i've found that gives off GOOD light for under 50 bucks. don't forget the taillight...

high tomorrow here in iowa will be 22 degrees. tights for sure!

you have to learn to snipe those auctions. i know it sucks but sometimes it's the only way to win them.

peace out, yo!

11/29/06, 7:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks Blue. I will check those lights out. Running is not going to do it everynight, so I guess I have no choice but to ride in the dark.

Yeah. I guess I just suck at ebay.

11/29/06, 7:20 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

i'm with you on the running....i actually bought new trail running shoes b/c i thought i could get back into it....it's not happening.

night riding is kind of fun, you might really like it!

11/30/06, 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home