Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday

Things seem to be winding down at work for the Holidays. I always thought that they should just give you the last 3 weeks of December off because nothing actually gets done anyway due to vacations and Christmas anticipation.

It is hard to believe how fast this year went. I remember when I was young how long a year seemed. All the old people would say how time flew by. Now I get it. The older you get, the faster time goes by. I think when we get to the end of the line, we will all look back and think how short our time here actually is.

This year has been a good one from me and a bad one for me. I got to spend the entire year with Bug who was born on December 20th of 2005. He is everything a little boy should be and I can't imagine life without him now. We relocated back to Austin which both my wife and I really wanted to do. We found the perfect house in the perfect neighborhood. We love it here. Also, I started riding again mid year and am enjoying that as much as I ever did in the past. Sadly, my mom died in late November. I hadn't really talked to her for the past 8 years due to reasons I am not going into here. But I realize now that any chance I ever had to reconcile our differences is now lost forever. I am still not sure what to feel. Maybe things will become clear with time.

I am off to Houston for the day tomorrow to talk with another chemical company about how their chemicals can be used with our chemicals to make other chemicals blah blah blah.

Big Cat and I decided we are going to do 3 days of the Texas Hellweek. We are not sure which 3 yet. Anyone else attending this? Hellweek Texas.

2 Comments:

Blogger SpeedyChix said...

Chris,
That's a bit of a bummer. I lost my mom in November this year, but had spent the past three years helping take care of her. Lost her slowly over that time.

Peace to you.

Enjoy the lil' one, live each day without regret.

12/22/06, 5:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks Anne

12/23/06, 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home