Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Beautiful Day in Texas

It made it into the mid 60s today in Texas and the sky was perfect. In other words, it was a great day for a ride. I definitely needed one to rid my system of the Christmas cookies that I threw back yesterday. I chose a moderately hilly 34 mile route to the Southwest of my house. I rode alone and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Just me and the wind and the sound of my drive train. Riding around here is spectacular. I couldn't ask for anything better. In CT there were scenic rides, but the congestion and traffic weren't to my liking. I am off to Arizona tomorrow and will return on Friday afternoon. Would you call playing golf work? :)


It was a fabulous riding day in the Texas Hill Country.


Something I see often on my rides - cattle guards.


Something else I see often - low water crossings.


Today was the first time I saw this crazy MUTHA. He chased me for about a half mile.


One of my Christmas presents. Now they can identify me as they scrape me out from under an Escalade.

3 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

you have to watch out for those escalades cuz you know they aren't watching for you!

looks like great riding country...

peace out, yo!

12/26/06, 8:04 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

blue skies in december! neat!

12/27/06, 10:08 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

You lucky dog! Blue skies in December, a Road ID for Christmas and being chased by Mutha (which I'm sure increased your power output 10 fold - way to start the new year!!)

12/28/06, 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home