Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Blinded by the Light

It's Wednesday and it has already been a long week. Monday and Tuesday were consumed by my trip to Atlanta. Today I went in to the office and it turned out to be a surprisingly busy day. After work I stopped to pick up The Bug at daycare. We got home and I helped feed Bug by making him a grilled cheese sandwich. We fed Bug and got him to bed and then I headed out for a ride. I really have never been a fan of night riding, but with the short days this time of year I don't have an alternative. I managed to get out for an hour on my mountain bike (but on the road) and had a pretty good ride. The temperature was perfect at about 63 degrees. Our neighborhood is loaded with deer, and I had a near miss with two of them. I worked in 5 hard 300 yard sprints and some good high cadence riding. Not too shabby for a Wednesday night I guess.


The Bug enjoying his appetizer of Kix and Goldfish.


A perfect night in Texas.


I definitely need a new light. I can't see that good at night as it is and this one isn't helping my cause.

7 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

something on your helmet for sure. there are some nice lights out there now for not that much.

once you have a light, night riding is sooper fun.

although we only do it in the dirt - and have lots of deer over where we live too.

1/10/07, 10:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lauren - I was thinking a helmet light would help. I will have to check them out. I can't wait until we change the clocks ahead :)

1/11/07, 3:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Night riding is a blast. Especially off-road. Trails you thought you knew become very unfamiliar!
Hey, at least you can go outside at night now and not come back with frostbite.

1/11/07, 2:05 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Dude! I get up at the crack of freaking midnight to ride in the dungeon for an hour before heading off to work - you don't know how good you got it ;-)
Tonight I'm near your neighborhood - Oklahoma - working - and the weather seems to follow me - ice storms tomorrow - I hope you escape them

1/11/07, 5:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Alicia - stay up in OK. Don't drag that shit down my way. I can't take it. :)

1/11/07, 7:38 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

cateye doubleshot. 5 hours burn time.... 3 hour charge. awesome!

peace out, yo!

1/12/07, 4:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

63 degrees....holy bat poop...thats nice weather..I'm going out in 12 degree with 16mph wind today.....another alternative for less $$'s then the Cateye is CYGO Lights, I have this one and it does me well...

Peace

1/12/07, 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home