Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

I went for a short ride with Mr. P today in the South part of Austin. Big Cat was a no-show. It was another beautiful day here with the high getting to around 65 degrees. It was windy though so our trip out heading South took some work. The trip back was sweet because you could maintain mid 20s mph with little effort. I flatted today for the first time in ages. I guess my luck finally ran out. Even though I sort of trundled along at Mr. P's speed today, it was still great to be out on the bike. We met a guy that just moved to Austin from Vegas on the ride and he seemed pretty cool. Him and I are going to ride next weekend in the Hill Country.

We are staying home tonight and having a few drinks. I am not a big fan of going out on New Year's Eve and haven't done so in about 5 years. To be honest, I will probably be sleeping well before midnight :).


This is a shot of Mopac South of Austin. We are blessed to have many wide shouldered roads around here.


The dude from Vegas that we met on the ride today.


My rad Scion ready for the drive home.

7 Comments:

Blogger SpeedyChix said...

Ear warmer at 65 degrees? You are seriously sans anti-freeze ; )

I did break down and wear a heavier Headsweat today, one that comes to my ears and has a bit of terry on it. The weather here today was 40 and VERY wet. The 29er mtb ride was a blast though.

Nice change from the SUV to Scion w/racks.

FYI: my one year blogging experiment might be ending.

Working on being a SpeedyChix in 2007.

Happy (& safe) New Year

12/31/06, 2:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy New Year Anne. I hope you decide to keep blogging. Good luck in the New Year with all you do.

12/31/06, 6:13 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

when a friend leaves the blogosphere it's kinda like someone passing on....

pimpin' scion, chris!

happy new year!

peace out, yo!

12/31/06, 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got the rack sitcheation sorted out. Must have been some windchill out there for earwarmers. Try not to haze the FNG from Vegas.

How 'bout some pics of the man cave?

1/1/07, 4:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to agree with Anne; ear warmers in that heat!?
In the Great White North that is shorts and sleeveless jersey days! :^)

1/2/07, 9:06 AM  
Blogger Neil@ROAD said...

I have the same car except black. I love it! It's the official vehicle of ROAD. It gets great gas milage and like you, I have a roof rack for three bikes.

1/2/07, 11:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Neil - good to know that I am rocking like ROAD. I really do like the set up.

1/3/07, 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home