Sunday, January 07, 2007

Go Away Wind

Big Cat and the dude from Vegas that I met riding last week who will now be referred to as J-Man, met me at my house at 10am for some road action. We did a 35 mile loop on mostly country roads. It was a nice sunny day and the temperature when we left was around 55 degrees. Yes, yes, I know you have it much worse. The wind was blowing out of the north like a MUTHA. The last 3 miles coming back up Route 12 from the South was just head down and balls to the wall to maintain forward momentum. I was glad when we turned West into my neighborhood. The Leader ran flawlessly as usual. All in all a great ride.

I hope to just relax for the rest of the afternoon. I have not felt great (stomach issues) the past few days, hence my lack of posts. Tomorrow I am off to Atlanta to meet with a few companies. I won't bore you with the details of what they do and what I am going to talk about. Just the typical conference room presentation sort of thing.

Mr. P, you better have gone out and hammered Bee Cave Road today with those new shoes and pedals.

Keep turning the cranks and have a great Sunday.


The Texas sun shining on mi casa this morning.


The Leader anxiously awaiting GO TIME.


Big Cat and J-Man heading South on McGregor Road.


A scenic country crossing over Onion Creek.

8 Comments:

Blogger SpeedyChix said...

Sweet Ride! Hey thanks on the post over my way. We smacked down another 60 miler today, just over three hours. OUCH. But it was nice to be doing the hours OUTSIDE in January!

Back from ride as winter starts to try and make an appearance. Been almost 40 for days. Such strange weather.

1/7/07, 6:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nice pace for a 60 miler Anne. With the Holidays, I haven't been out over 50 since early December.

Hopefully the good weather will last for all of you midwesterners.

1/8/07, 7:19 AM  
Blogger Here and there said...

Nice pics! I like your house, reminds me of the architectural style you see a lot of in Bend, Oregon. It was 40, windy, rainy, and nasty all weekend here. I'm thankful for my dry basement and my trainer.

1/8/07, 10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

55 this weekend, aye? Must be nice. You saw the photos at Danielle blog; that is no fun.
My wife and I have been thinking about Flagstaff AZ; heard good things about the culture, climate and topography. I may be too much of a flat-lander for that, but I have got to get out of this winter wonderland. Did I mention I HATE snow?

1/8/07, 1:35 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

looks like a great ride, chris. the winds here caused me to cut mine short last night. that and some intestinal issues....

like speedy says... it looks like the midwest is about to get winter. it's 2 months late, so that's a good thing. spring is only a couple of months away. looking for some studded tires for the cross bike that should be here any day now.....

sweet shack!

i haven't even considered putting the bike on the trainer yet. perhaps i should?

flagstaff is beautiful country! definitely not flat though. also, it has been known to snow there on occasion.... a lot, actually.

peace out, yo!

1/8/07, 4:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue, glad you guys are catching a break this year. Trainers are fun for about 10 minutes and then you die of boredom.

Oldman - Like I said on your blog, Flagstaff is cool. Asheville is definitely nice but does get cold from time to time. Plenty of hills in both places. I like Austin. Any would be an improvement over lake effect snow.

1/8/07, 4:08 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Dude - why didn't I meet you before I was in Austin? Will you ride with me next time? I don't bite!Here's Mine if you need a reference.

1/8/07, 9:32 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

I am so bad at links. try again... Me

1/8/07, 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home