Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Running on Empty

Tonight was a running night. I have to say that running is not as BLAH as it used to be. I even find myself enjoying it at times. The iPod nano certainly helps the situation. Tonight I ran in the cold and rain to the soundtrack of Hustle and Flow. Lots of good rap about bitches, tricks, and busting caps. Great motivation. haha. The reason I am running as I mentioned in a previous post is that I got talked into doing the 3M Half Marathon in late January. I am not doing the whole run, but rather a relay with my boss. I am sure we are going to post a horrendous time since neither of us are fast runners. But it should be fun just to give it a go.


Does this look like the face of a runner?

After much thought, I have decided on two goals for myself in 2007. I wanted to make sure that the goals were realistic and achievable. I travel a lot for work so sometimes I am just not able to get out on the bike. Here are the goals:

1) Ride at least 4000 miles in 2007.
2) Be in good enough condition to enter a race by Fall.

Tomorrow I am off to Conroe, TX to meet with a very large producer of ceramic tiles to talk about how our chemicals can make their tiles better by blah blah blah. Conroe is about a 3 hour drive from my house, so at least I can avoid air travel for the first week of the year. :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

Chris, with us busting your chops you are definetely going to ride 4k this year. Be careful running if you body is not used to it. Whatever you do have fun at it.
ari

1/3/07, 8:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm, nope. Sorry. I am afraid that is NOT the face of a runner.
Nice try, but the Columbus tubing hat will give you away every time!

1/4/07, 4:55 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ari - thanks for the advice. I haven't run two days in a row yet so I am trying to take it slow.

1/4/07, 5:50 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

that's the face of someone who's ready for tricks and busting caps and bitches and stuff.

what kind of a race do you want to do in the fall?

that mileage is totally do-able, especially if you don't have any kids.

1/4/07, 7:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lauren - probably a local crit or something like that. I have to start thinking about it.

The mileage is definitely doable even with my little guy who is now 1.

1/4/07, 6:07 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

good luck on the 4000 miles. think of it this way..... it's only about 80 miles a week. piece of cake!

peace out, yo!

1/4/07, 6:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thats a face of determination!! YOU CAN DO IT!!:)

Peace

1/5/07, 6:07 AM  
Blogger Here and there said...

Yes, that face looks like a runner, as long as it's attached to a body with LEGS! ha. I love running with my mini iPod shuffle. I'm following a "couch to 5k" program. Yeah, don't laugh. I'm barely off the couch, but really surprised how much I'm enjoying propelling my own body along with my own 2 feet. There's something so elemental about it.

1/5/07, 2:21 PM  
Blogger gwadzilla said...

I need to make some specific goals for this year

1/7/07, 4:41 AM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

squirrel +1
cyndy +1

definitely the look of determination and since ur all public with it, u have to get out and do it cuz we're watchin' ;)

1/17/07, 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home