Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Snots, Puke, and Tears

I have taken the past 2 days off of work to stay at home with The Bug who has been sick. My wife had to be at a convention both days so she couldn't stay home with him as she usually does when he doesn't feel well. First let me say that I love Bug more than anything on this earth and will do anything that is necessary to care for him when he is sick. To be honest, I am probably a bigger baby than he is when I am sick (he is 1 and I am 34). But, these past two days have absolutely drained me. I have no explanation for how such a small nose can make so much snot. I spent the entire day taking clean tissues out of my right pocket and putting dirty tissues in my left pocket. Then there was the occassional burp-barf. You know, when they kind of burp and a blob of barf comes out? Then there were lots and lots of tears. Anyway, his temperature is back down to normal and he seems to be happy again. I was glad to see him smiling tonight.

Tomorrow I am off to help my buddy Nugget do some drywalling at his place in Wisconsin. I will be back on Sunday. I see the weather is supposed to be fabulous with a high of 10 degrees during my stay. They have a sweet spin bike which I plan on using a lot because there is no way that I am going outside to ride or run in 10 degree weather. I am not as hardcore as some of you STUDS/STUDETTES.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Moser said...

My wife calls our son "Bug" once in a while too. Not sure why...

You could ride in the sub freezing temperatures! All it takes is a few hundred dollars in winter cycling gear, and you have it made! We rode in 16 degree weather this year, but nothing compared to our Alaskan friends I guess. That looks brutal! I guess the same rule applies though...just more layers of clothing.

1/30/07, 8:34 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/30/07, 8:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

...and all you really need to ride in the cold is THIS!

1/30/07, 8:45 PM  
Blogger SpeedyChix said...

Have fun here our wintry north! Too bad you'll be on the 'wrong' side of the lake or some of us could get you out on our snowy roads!

Hope your little guy gets on top of his game soone.

I've missed my usual blog rounds, been working way too much.
What bike are you doing the retro build on?
If you're shopping for some older Campy....

Anne

1/31/07, 3:04 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

tell the little "bugger" to get well soon!

oh yeah! midwest winter! hopin' you enjoy cheeseconsin!

peace out, yo!

1/31/07, 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the Best. Daddy. Ever.

Bug misses you already!

1/31/07, 8:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jeff - Yeah, a few hundred in winter clothing that I will wear once a year in Texas. I think I will just stick to the Spin bike this week. We call the boy Bug after the Bugga Bugga Bugs on Dora the Explorer.

Anne - next time I am in Michigan I am going to take you up on the ride offer. I am building what I call a retro bike, which in my mind means a road bike with downtube shifters, etc. The frame is a steel frame from a company in CA, Rossetto. It is slowly coming along. I will be putting Campy on it, but 10 speed, so I think I will go with new Chorus.

Lauren - that seems to be the way it has been in the past, but luckily I still feel ok. I have my fingers crossed.

Blue - I never enjoy snow, so we it is not off to a good start already. haha.

Wife - I try my best!

1/31/07, 9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I had known a few months back that you were looking for campy stuff. I had some older parts that I sold on eBay.
Sorry!
I'll check my stash and see if there are any tidbits left; if so I will send them off to you.
Campy - There is no substitute!

2/1/07, 1:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks Oldman.

2/1/07, 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home