Saturday, February 10, 2007

Brooozer

I took Little Bro down to Bicycle Sport Shop to rent a road bike for the weekend. They hooked him up with a carbon fiber Lemond Zurich. Since he hasn't been on a bike in 10 years, we decided to do an easy 20 mile loop. I think he thought he would be better at biking than he was, but he did pretty well in my opinion. Tomorrow, we will go a bit further, but nothing that is going to kill him. After all, I am trying to get him into biking, not punish him into hating it. I felt pretty good today. I kept it in the big chainring the whole time and worked on my standing climbing form when we came to the hills. It was just nice to be out on the bike.


Little Bro getting ready to head out.


Little Bro's rental. It got blamed for certain performance short-comings. I just said, "Yeah, it could be the bike."


The top of the hill that whooped Little Bro's ass.


The last hill before home.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Performance short-comings on a Lemond Zurich?

20 miles is pretty darn good for a 1st ride. Esp. with hills!

2/10/07, 8:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jeff - do you think I was too hard on him? haha. I will pick a flat route for today.

2/11/07, 4:36 AM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Can he walk this morning?

2/11/07, 8:04 AM  
Blogger Pete Basso said...

That's a nice introduction to the sport of road cycling. BTW, where did you get the cycling pants that make you look like you have bib-shorts on? It almost fooled me into thinking it was warm down there!!

2/11/07, 12:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jeff - lots of complaints this morning for sure.

Pete - Warm is subjective. haha. It was 50 today and I wore a long shirt and knee warmers. Seemed frigid.

2/11/07, 1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Slow but sure. Don't overwork him or he'l bail on you like by son did (slacker youth anyway!). Hates to ride on the road now; MTB only for the kid.
Really looks nice there; wish I could see the road surface here and wear shorts!

2/12/07, 7:53 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Are you still moving Oldman?

2/12/07, 7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Slow but sure.
We are checking out Asheville NC this spring break and hope to get to a couple other places we had in mind this year. But I may need to wait until my daughter graduates before we can consider it.
Keep plugging Austin!

2/13/07, 5:18 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Your pics made me miss my family out there! whaaaa...you get to be with your bro.

nice heads up on the shop with the rental. I'll get sis on the road bike, yet!

2/13/07, 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home