Thursday, February 08, 2007

What a FU@#ING Day

Today I had a 6am flight to Dallas. I then connected to Shreveport, LA. I drove to Texarkana, TX for a meeting. I then drove back to Shreveport for a flight to Dallas. From Dallas, I hopped a flight back to Austin for what amounted to a LONG ASS DAY. I had my alarm set for 3:30am but somehow managed to get up at 4:40am. I immediately ran through the bathroom, hit the valve on the deodorant can, and jumped into my clothes. Shower? NO. Brush teeth? HELL NO! I arrived at check-in at 5:32am and the self check-in machine wouldn't check me in because it was too late. So I ran to the counter and they hooked me up with a boarding pass. I got to the gate just as they were boarding Group 4. The thing to know about me is that I am NEVER late for anything. So when on occasion I am late, I don't handle it well.

My left Achilles has been sore since the 3M run last Sunday. It seemed to be getting better, but running through the parking garage at the Austin Airport this morning seems to have aggravated it. I did some spinning on Tuesday night and it seemed to be fine. I hope to get two good days of riding in this weekend. Weekday workouts haven't been coming together well the past few weeks due to family and other obligations.


I told you DOUBTERS!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Sorry about your bad day. Once my sister was mad at me and made me late for the airport. That was pre- 9/11. Even though the door was closed, they let me on the plane.

Funny, ten years later she has three kids, and still makes me late for the airport. Now they don't let me on the plane and I have to wait for the next flight.

Hope you carry a travel tooth-brush.

2/9/07, 4:34 PM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

how much didja pay him? just kidding , anyone who can manage the day you had can put the whupass on a little bro. ;)

2/9/07, 9:00 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

what's that stripey tattoo on his arm of?

and man, i hate airport lateness. i've got a flight out on sunday morning at 7 am and i'm a little worried about getting up in time.

that realization of when you look at the clock and realize it's an hour after you were suposed to be up.

2/9/07, 9:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sweet - Of course I carry one. It is called my finger.

Syd - pay?? me?? :) I like your new profile pic.

Lauren - it is some kind of iron band thing. There are rivets up the back of his arm. Yeah, that feeling sucks!

2/10/07, 2:37 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

you be da man!!!!!

peace out, yo!

2/11/07, 7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks about as real as WWF too! :^)
Lets see the next shot after he flipped you on the mat and pinned ya!

2/12/07, 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home