Sunday, February 18, 2007

Super Sunday

It is a fantastic day in South Texas. Right now the temperature is 61 degrees and it is bright and sunny. We met at the Veloway this morning for a leisurely Sunday morning ride. Little Bro and I met Mr. P and Mr. S at 8:30am. Big Cat is still nursing an ankle injury so he couldn't make it and J-Man is sick. So it was just the 4 of us. We did a lap around the Veloway and then headed South on Mopac. We came back to the Veloway and did 3 laps before calling it a morning.

Mr. P took his new roadie out for its maiden voyage today and seemed to like it. I set the bike up for him yesterday. Mr. S hadn't been on a bike in a month because of business travel. He is the President of our company and spends a lot of time on the road. Mr. P. reports to Mr. S, and Big Cat and I report to Mr. P.

I tried out my new heart rate monitor today. I found that my average heart rate was 136 bpm and my max was 203 bpm (not sure I believe the 203). I spent about 66% of the ride in my "target HR zone." I think longer term it will be a good tool to train with. I felt good riding today and was able to drop the hammer over the same stretch that I did last Sunday.

We have a babysitter coming tonight so that we can go out for a bit. We don't get out without the Bug often so I am looking forward to it. Tomorrow morning I am off to Tampa and will be returning on Tuesday.


Mr. S. leading Mr. P and Little Bro around the Veloway.


Mr. P and Little Bro on their new roadies.


Mr. S enjoying the great weather.


The Radillac being loaded for the trip home.

9 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

61 degrees.... heaven! i can't wait for spring!

peace out, yo!

2/19/07, 4:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

61 and still wearing leg warmers? Man, what I would give to be riding there right now. The temp here may be up to 30 today!
Glad to see your brother is enjoying the ride. He will probably be asking for upgrades soon!

2/19/07, 5:45 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman, he is already talking about his next bike. Which apparently is going to be Italian. I guarantee I am not springing for that one.

2/19/07, 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Radillac?

2/19/07, 6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think a nice blue Colnago or maybe, a red Pinarello would be a good choice. Come on, you can spring for that, can't you?
He could swap out the parts from the other bike! :^)

2/20/07, 5:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - um yeah. NO!

2/20/07, 6:41 AM  
Blogger Here and there said...

Those are great photos! Makes me wanna ride, but it's 40 and rainy here, waaaah.

2/20/07, 8:56 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

how's the weather today? we're getting some rain.

you guys seem to be on the same weather path as us. our was around 65 on sunday and monday too.

2/21/07, 5:18 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lauren - today and this evening were perfect!

2/21/07, 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home