Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On the Road Again

I went for a run tonight because it was such a fantastic evening. The temperature was in the low 60s and we had one of those perfect orange Texas sunsets. This was the first time that I ran in a few weeks because my Achilles has been sore. It felt good to get back out there tonight.

I think Texas has the best sunsets.

I got some pictures in the mail from the 3M run taken by the professional photographers that they had there. They send you these teasers and you can buy the pictures if you want. The problem is that in my teaser I look like SHIT! I look seconds away from passing out. I don't remember feeling that bad, but damn. I am surprised the paramedics weren't following me with a defibrillator.

Tomorrow I have to give a presentation to the senior managers at my company on the status of the industries I manage. I give presentations all the time, but this one is making me nervous. I have worked hard putting it together and just want to get it over with.

Over the past two days all of my friends have PUSSED out of the Hell Week ride in Texas. Some dudes just can't attach their balls and stand up to their wives! BROS BEFORE HOES!

I am going to finish watching American Idol and then watch the TOC recap on Versus and then head to bed. Have a good night, y'all.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't you love those "race" shots? Every year my Iceman race photo make you look like someone who just survived the Battan Death March.
Well, it was up into the 40's here yesterday and the snow started melting, but here comes winter again for another round this weekend; enjoy your warm sunset!

2/22/07, 5:05 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Chris - when I did Ride the Rockies they take these incredible photos of you riding your bike up a mountain, sad truth is that in every shot I look like I just drank drain-o and I'm surely on deaths doorstep - I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!

2/22/07, 5:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not to put a crimp in your sunset, but I read today that SRAM is recalling Force brakesets for a faulty ti bolt. Check out their website; you may have to send yours back.
That is all.

2/22/07, 12:51 PM  
Blogger Here and there said...

Ha, methinks there lies some irony in a sentence that contains both "bros before ho's" and "American Idol!" I hear that bros comment from my b/f from time to time, and then I lure him in with my beef stroganoff. He's putty in my hands, (insert evil laugh here). ;)

2/22/07, 2:41 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

my husband sometimes uses that excuse to get out of stuff he doesn't want to do.

i found out about a couple of things that i apparently said he couldn't do because i needed him to do something else - but in reality, it was the excuse he needed b/c he couldn't tell his bros no.

2/22/07, 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally found your blog. Sometimes only a run will do hey!
Alison

PS Your presentation today went great, even I found it mildly interesting.

2/22/07, 7:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - thanks for the heads up. Fortunately for me, the brakes are the only thing on my bike that aren't SRAM. They are FSA. WHEW!

2/22/07, 7:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Alicia - Sounds good. You send me yours first. haha

Cyndy - I will have to find out if my my friend's wives are good cooks. Bastards!

Lauren - your hubby sounds like a caring person to spare his friends' feelings like that. He also gets to maintain his MAN REP as well.

2/22/07, 7:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Alison - thanks for the praise. I am glad it is over. When are you getting a bike??

2/22/07, 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you're the expert. American Idol???? Jezus H. Oh yeah, Dish Network called and said that your letter writing campaign worked and they're bring back Lifetime, Oxygen or one of those manhater channels.

Glad to hear your achilles is better. Puss.

Adios from the 77705

2/22/07, 8:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow; what is up with the S(c)ully attitude? A little despondant over X-files being canelled I guess.
Glad to hear you don't have to recall the stoppers. My pedals have not come off the cranks yet so keep your fingers crossed.

2/23/07, 6:19 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

wow! you got balls, chris!

:)

peace out, yo!

2/23/07, 3:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - that Sully dude is still pissed because I pwned him in snow shoveling a few weeks back.

2/23/07, 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home