Thursday, March 01, 2007

3 Days in the Cali

I was in SoCal this week and just arrived back in Austin. I was out there doing some business development in the construction industry. We manufacture products that are used as ingredients in grouts, mortars, stucco, etc. On Tuesday I arrived and drove over to Rancho Cucamonga to meet with a company that makes concrete patch and floor coatings. I then headed back to my hotel in Irvine and headed to the hotel gym. The damn exercise bike was broken, so I hit the treadmill. Nothing is more boring than a treadmill and to boot, I forgot my iPod at home. On Wednesday I drove down to San Diego in the morning for a meeting with a company that makes stucco. After that, I headed North for a lunch meeting with our distributor in La Palma and then headed to a meeting in Cypress at a company that makes stucco and floor leveling products. We had a great dinner last night in Irvine at a fish restaurant where we had a very nice Cabernet Sauv. (One of my favorites - Heitz Cellars). Today I had a meeting in Santa Fe Springs where I gave a presentation to the company that supplies Home Depot with all of their grout and thin set products. I then headed back to LAX to catch my flight to Austin. I drove home, hung out with The Bug for a bit and am now watching American Idol. I will then watch The Office and My Name is Earl, both of which are taped. What a week. I just want it to be over.


Low clouds cover the mountains behind Rancho Cucamonga.


I sweated my ass off on the treadmill doing one of those preprogrammed routines.


The nuclear power plant along I-5 in San Clemente. Nothing generates more power than a giant set of tits!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Cucamonga and stucco are fun words.

I LOVE the treadmill, but not as much as actually riding bikes!

Welcome home from the bottom half of my glorious state!

3/1/07, 10:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mortars and grouts. We probably specify your products (via the manufacturers that use them) every day. Maybe you should stop up here to my office and give a presentation. You know; up here in rainy, cold, icy, storming Michigan. Sounds better than Cucamonga, doesn't it? :^)
And we have a nuc-lear power plant too! Pretty enticing aye?

3/2/07, 5:25 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I stared, I squinted and I still couldn't see mountains...those there are what we Alaskans call "hills". I'm sure you've heard of 'em.

Giant, metal, radio-active, a woman's body parts. Yeah, we have controlled, but dangerous, power.

3/2/07, 5:18 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sweet-I can see why everyone wants to live in SoCal. The weather is fantastic and the variety of terrain is incredible.

Oldman-you probably do spec some of these products. Let's see, Michigan or Sunny California. Hmm. That is a tough one. I will have to think on it. Does your NUKULAR plant have tits?

Michelle-I am going to have to come up there and check out this Alaska place. I have always said that boobs control the universe.

3/3/07, 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home