Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday in Salzburg, Austria

I did some sightseeing in Salzburg yesterday and will do a bit more today. This is a great little city. I have taken some cool pictures but still haven't been able to get a USB cable to upload them. Worst case is I will have to wait till I get back on Thursday. I have been eating too much and drinking way way too much. I went for a run along the river this morning and could swear I was sweating beer and vodka. Is that possible?

I am off to Paris tomorrow morning for a trade show that begins on Tuesday. The show is the biggest show globally for the composites industry. One of the product lines that I manage is sold into the composites area. Our chemicals are used to make the resin portion of composites thick (viscous). For instance the resin portion of fiberglass tubs and showers (they want thick resin so that they can spray the resin during the manufacturing process and it won't run or drip). Or the epoxy resin in carbon fiber structural components and sporting goods. So next time you are staring at that hot new carbon part you just bolted on your ride, just think that Chris' chemicals may be in there.

I visited some cool bike shops here. I was able to find my bro Sully a very sought after item not available in the US. I will post a picture when I can. Enjoy your Sunday.

The worst part of travel is missing The Bug. Daddy loves you, pal.

10 Comments:

Blogger Eclectchick said...

Ahhh, April in Paris (are you humming the tune?).

Enjoy un cafe outside somewhere for me, please. There's a famous cafe right by the Paris Opera. Perfect spot.

4/1/07, 7:22 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Eclectchick - will do if there is time. The schedule is pretty full for Paris. blaah

4/1/07, 12:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If this is Tuesday, it must be Belgium.
A Bit o' Chris (chemicals) in every composite? No thank you! :^)
Paris? Boring! Nothing interesting ever happens there. Bet they don't even like cycling.

4/1/07, 8:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - I am going to tell everyone in Paris I am an American from TEXAS so that I get the due respect during my visit. HA!

4/1/07, 10:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know that I've smelled vodka spirits wafting from heavy drinkers who weren't actually imbibing at the time. So I'm guessing you can sweat out the alkeehol.

Looking forward to the pics whenever you can post them. Thanks for the "Klondike" bar comment on my blog. The smile was needed.

4/2/07, 5:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris: Good luck with that. They will make you take a blood test. And we all know you are on the juice! :^)

4/2/07, 8:01 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

I ran with a buddy who smelled like Miller Lite one time. And that's funny, because the night before we were drinking Bud.

4/2/07, 8:16 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

It is so fun to read all of these comments and about your adventures! You sure have a lot of fans out here.

Got your email, thanks! It will be fun to meet/ride in the flesh!

sounds like you'll need a slow fat burner - I'm your woman!

4/2/07, 9:35 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

excercize is good for hangovers.

and vice versa.

4/3/07, 5:11 PM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

can't wait to see your pics!

4/4/07, 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home