Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week of Meetings

I have been at a sales meeting the first two days of this week. Luckily, it is in Austin. We have about 26 commercial and technical people in town to discuss the path forward for the rest of the year. I think having to get up early and drive home late is harder than being out of town at a sales meeting. We have 1/2 day of meetings tomorrow and then things will be back to normal on Thursday.

This moring we did paintball for a team building exercise. I had a blast. The first game I ran out of ammo and basically had to surrender after I had advanced most of the way to their flag. CRAP. The next two games I got my ass kicked. In one game it only took 30 seconds. My gun jammed and the guy I was firing at didn't hesitate. DEAD! The last game I advanced pretty far but got hit on the hand and that counts as a kill too. Oh well. That was my first time playing paintball and I thought it was pretty cool.

Despite the meeting, my morning training this week has been productive. I plan to do a road race in San Antonio on Sunday. It is 30 miles, which is about 15 miles further than I am used to racing. It should be interesting. The following weekend I may go to Dallas for the Matrix Challenge crit. Or, I may go back to San Antonio for the second race in the series if the first turns out to be worthwhile. We shall see.

9 Comments:

Blogger chatterbox said...

Yay, a road race! You will do great. 30 miles ain't bad. The pace will be slower than the crits (but not a lot slower).

6/27/07, 9:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, sales meetings. My wife loves those. Especially when they are out of town and a week long.
And TEAM building. Go team - kill! :^)
Well, good luck with your San Antonio race. You are the Man!

6/27/07, 1:54 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

30 miles? no sweat. stay out of the wind, be ready to react. Stay away from squirrely riders. You'll be fine.

6/27/07, 5:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chatterbox - it should be fun. I am excited.

Oldman - My new idea of team building is killing as many of those sales sumbitches that I can.

Bryan - it has been pouring here. That is my only fear right now.

6/27/07, 6:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Moving up from the crits, huh? Sounds like fun. Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Paintball? I won't even get started on that one!

6/28/07, 6:21 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

a 30 mile road race - that's almost a crit.

you'll do great!

heard about all the weather over there. hopefully you're not getting too drenched.

6/28/07, 11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris: Here is the link to the Priority Health bike race:
http://www.priorityhealthclassic.com/?WT.ac=phclassic
If you get lost just go to www.priorityhealth.com and look for the link on the home page.

6/28/07, 12:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Mallie - you don't like controlled violence??

Lauren - the weather has been horrible here. Roads are closed and it rains several times a day. It is very "Un Texas."

Oldman - thanks for the link.

6/28/07, 5:53 PM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

I've enjoyed a paintball game or three myself. My dad's horse pasture makes for some good times. There's something so satisfying about seeing your aim go true right between the enemy's eyes. SPLAT! Bwaha ha ha

7/2/07, 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home