Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Toasted Tuesday

I rode after work today and it was hot out there. The thermometer in my garage said just over 90, but it was about 95 in the sun. Today was my Push workout where I push a big gear at 70 rpm all while keeping within a HR range. Fun fun. The Fort ran great again. The new cables have stretched a bit so I need to redial the deraillers. Should only take a few minutes.

I am racing the Driveway Crit on Thursday this week for the first time in over a month. I am also doing my first big race of the year on Saturday - AT&T Downtown Criterium. I wish my last two weeks of preparation wouldn't have included a trip to Asia and a nice case of food poisoning. But, it is what it is. I will just do what I can do.

It looks like The Bug may have Pink Eye. He has a doctor appointment tomorrow morning to confirm it. His poor eyes look awful, but he is in good spirits. He has been obsessed lately with running around the house without a shirt on. When he does he always wants me to take my shirt off so we can run around the house together shirtless while slapping our bellies. We have a blast.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about the bug; hate that stuff.
What, no belly slappin' photos? What is up with dat?
I envy you in Febuary, but don't know how you can ride in that heat. More power to you.
Good luck tonight and this weekend; 3F's - Fort Finishes First!

6/13/07, 8:19 AM  
Blogger Here and there said...

Go Fort-y!

6/13/07, 9:12 AM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

Photo? Heck, I don't want no photo. I want full on video of giggling belly slapping youtube fun.

6/13/07, 10:20 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

ah yes! belly slapping!

good luck on thursday and this weekend.

6/13/07, 1:00 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i wanna see the pics or video too!

good luck on the bike this week! be safe!

peace out, yo!

6/13/07, 5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the bug's eyes heal soon...sounds like you are having a blast with the belly-slapping. Best of luck at your two races this week. Hope the heat drops a bit for you.

6/13/07, 5:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - I like that. 3Fs. Maybe I will get a jersey printed.

Syd - It's not a pretty sight, at least in my case. I will spare you. :)

Lauren - Thanks. I am going to need some luck.

Blue - Thanks brutha.

Mallie - thanks for the wishes.

6/13/07, 6:32 PM  
Blogger Velovera said...

so how you know all the norcal peeps? i used to be one, sort of although elis is the only one with the link to my blog.

6/14/07, 12:17 PM  
Blogger EB said...

There's a big fuss about the bay area "heat wave" coming up...75 degrees...meh...

6/14/07, 12:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

We are luck if we get in the "high" 60's this summer. I think I would die if I tried to ride in that heat. I'll take 30 below over 95.

Hehe - belly slapping. I miss those goofy days when my kids were little and easily amused, my boy turns 16 today!

6/14/07, 3:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Velovera - I came across Lauren's blog and started interacting with the Norcal peeps from there. It seems like a cool bunch of people.

bbelf - huh?

Michelle - I don't do so well in the cold anymore, so I'll take the heat. You don't look old enough to have kids as old as yours. Time has treated you well.

6/14/07, 7:25 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

how did the crit go tonight?

6/15/07, 12:43 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Poor Bug. I hope he gets better soon. I had pink eye (in both eyes) once and it wasn't fun. The good news is that once you get some medicine it usually goes away pretty quickly!

6/15/07, 6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home