Saturday, June 02, 2007

Australia

I have done a horrible job of taking pictures of all the cool things to see in Australia. I got here on Tuesday and am departing today (Sunday) for Bangkok. My trip here has been productive and enjoyable. I miss The Bug tremendously and can't wait to see him on Friday when I get back to Texas. My workouts have been crap but I am still doing them. Yesterday while on yet another "Lifecycle", I was tempted to swallow my iPod Nano in an effort to kill myself and end my boredom. Luckily for me there were 3 TVs going as well on the wall, one of which had good ole WWE on straight from the US. I look forward to getting back to a regular routine when I get home.

Friends of ours have recently moved to Brisbane so I got to hang out with them this weekend. Cailin, who is one of my favorite people in the world, and her husband Dave met in Hawaii where they were both at U of H, Cailin as a Professor and Dave as a Researcher. Dave is from Brisbane so when they decided they needed a change from Honolulu, they decided to look there. I met Cailin about a week after I met my wife. They had both just arrived at the University of Texas to begin work on their PhDs. Karen and I decided to meet at a bar and dragged along a few of our friends. She brought along Cailin. That was almost 10 years ago.

Here are a few pictures:


The Sydney Opera House.


The Harbor Bridge in Sydney.


Our friends Cailin and Dave.


Me and Cooper who is Cailin and Dave's son. Cooper is a few months younger than The Bug. This kid is freakin' adorable!


This was taken after about 8 or 9 beers. My head was killing me this morning. The new healthy Chris has lost all hangover tolerance.

Have a good weekend.

11 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

i hear ya on the hangover tolerance. two beers these days makes me want to take a nap!

be safe!

peace out, yo!

6/3/07, 4:27 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

I'll bet it was nice to have a Bug stand-in to lavish some TLC on.

Yum, beer.

6/3/07, 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8 or 9 brews sounds like you're training is right on track. By the time we see each other again, you'll be ready for some LSD - long & steady drinking.

Adios bro. Safe travels.

6/3/07, 8:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - Yeah, I am a wuss now.

Eclect - I wish that were possible.

Sully - remember when we used to have 8 or 9 beers before we left the pad. Those were the days. I'll never forget your keg stand pass out as long as I live. Nothing like seeing your pal pass out and hit his head after drinking a half gallon of beer from an unclean tap. That was SOLID.

6/3/07, 11:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

8 or 9 beers and I'm ready to pass the F out:) Dude you are trimming down....keep that shit up:)

Peace

6/4/07, 9:48 AM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

I think i'm gonna start calling you globetrotter. I hope they pay u super well to be galavanting all over all the time. Kudos for sticking to your workouts despite the various venues. That's determination!

6/4/07, 11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, for someone under the influence of 8 or 9 beers, you look surprisingly coherent! You would find me on the floor in the fetal position after that level of consumption.
Great that you could hook up with your friends while there. It is tough to be away from the kids when their that young, but much easier when they get to the age mine are at. Or maybe it is just mine! :^)
Have fun in Bangkok!

6/4/07, 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He said Bangkok.

adios from the 10577

6/4/07, 5:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Squirrel - I thought you drank 8 or 9 beers during a race!

Syd - I have a nice homestretch coming. And, I suppose they pay me enough to keep me interested. :)

Oldman - I think it helps that Bug still digs me. I suppose in a number of years that dad won't be so cool anymore.

6/4/07, 6:11 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Aww. So, seeing another littl'un just made the pain worse, eh?

:-( Thought having a little bebe to squeeze might be a nice break. Guess not.

6/4/07, 7:15 PM  
Blogger chatterbox said...

Dude, you're looking a lot thinner. I can see your jaw line well defined now. Good work!

Looks like a nice time with your friends.

6/7/07, 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home