Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Racing As It Should Be

I referenced this on someone's blog the other day, but can't remember whos.

We had dinner outside tonight. On the back of one of the chairs was a Praying Mantis. Those things have always fascinated me. I watched as it stood perfectly still. A common fly landed right in front of it. The attack was so fast it could barely be seen. Then I watched as the Mantis held the fly with its feet and ate it alive starting with the head. The only thing that was left were two wings after 5 minutes. Nature can be a brutal muthafucker.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have way too much time on your hands Dude. Take up needle-point or offer time at Big Brother, but spare us the Nerd Olympic flashbacks! :^)
Though, it would be interesting to experiment . . . . .

10/18/07, 2:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - yes, the off season has been a blessing for my You Tube surfing.

10/18/07, 3:49 PM  
Blogger Pete Basso said...

I love the song they play during the last lap of the song, halarious!! You Tube --Good! Tv --Bad.

10/19/07, 2:43 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i really like that video. i could probably compete there. maybe.

10/19/07, 4:37 AM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Any effect on the appetite watching this episode of Wild Kingdom?

10/20/07, 1:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pete - You tube is great. The stuff you can find on there is amazing.

Blue - in drunken tricycle racing, I have no doubt you would race P/1/2.

Eclect Chick - nah. I eat bugs regularly.

10/20/07, 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home