Thursday, September 13, 2007

Season Ending

Travel over the next few weeks has basically decided for me that it is time to end this racing season. I had planned on doing my last race on October, 4th. I am gone Monday through Friday next week and will most likely be gone the first part of the following week. That is just not conducive to training and staying fit. Oh well, it was a good first season.


Upgrade to Cat. 4 complete.

We were informed that The Bug bit another kid at daycare a few days ago. We told him he couldn't bite and of course he just looked at us like he couldn't understand what we were saying. I suppose he probably couldn't since he is only 20 months old.

Later when it was just me and Bug, I asked him again why he bit the kid. He told me that the other kid owed him money. I have never been so proud. Before I know it he will be running a crew.

Yes. I am joking :)

12 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

lol! that was toooooo funny! bug running a crew! good one!

have a great off season!

9/13/07, 6:48 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

Cat. 4 -- welcome to an entirely new level of pain. Enjoy!

9/13/07, 10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"wha you lookin' at, punkie brewster? You think I'm funny, in my snow white outfit; is that what you think, punkie?"
Look out world; here come the Bug!
Hey, you might as well move up. You hung with the 4's this past weekend, so why not! :^)

9/14/07, 5:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hilarious. I know it's a serious issue. But there's no way you can keep a straight face after a comment like that. Congrats on the category advance. Can't wait to read about your training for Crit Domination 2008!

9/14/07, 7:29 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Good 1st Season - GREAT 1st Season! Congrats on the cat upgrade - you worked your ass off for it, lost a good chunk of weight in the process - damn fine first season!

And as for the BUG-MEISTER - Back away from the little man!

9/14/07, 8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They final posted the entire 4/5 results and you were 20 (19 if they can't find TBD!) out of 56. I think that is a great finish.
It would have been nice to see the break down by Categories.

9/14/07, 9:31 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

congrats on the upgrade!

9/14/07, 12:46 PM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Whoa, upgradin' already. Now it is time to get ready for some new disciplines. Cross? Track? Lots of ways to enjoy the pain.

9/14/07, 4:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - I already am. I have had a Shiner in my hand for days now.

Bryan - thanks

Oldman - your guess was pretty close. I am surprised there were 56 starters. Damn.

Mallie - when you doing a crit?

Alicia - thanks. Next time I am up there - NO excuses :)

Lauren - thanks

Rick - I race with 4s every week anyway. May as well upgrade. They just want to make sure you aren't a total idiot before they let you upgrade to Cat 4.

9/14/07, 6:36 PM  
Blogger allan said...

Congrats on the upgrade. I agree with Mallie, it's a serious issue but there is no way I could stop from laughing out loud at the Bug running a crew comment. Maybe you should let him watch First Blood soon. ;-)

9/15/07, 6:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris...I'm planning to try one or two TTs next year...but crits scare the bejeezus out of me. I can handle an MTB crowd, but those road crowds are insane.

9/15/07, 6:28 AM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

congrats on the upgrade! It's been great following your progress through the season. Looking forward to next year's. :D

9/17/07, 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home