Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day

Here is what today is about:

"Labor Day is a United States federal holiday that takes place on the first Monday in September. The holiday began in 1882, originating from a desire by the Central Labor Union to create a day off for the "working man". It is still celebrated mainly as a day of rest and marks the symbolic end of summer for many. Labor Day became a federal holiday by Act of Congress in 1894."

I'd like to thank Wikipedia for the information above. So all of you hard working people out there kick your feet up and relax :)

Not much has happened with me this weekend. I feel a bit fatigued and have decided to take today off the bike to rest. Good thing, because it is wet and rainy this morning in Texas.

On another note, I got a very disturbing piece of information late last week. At daycare they have costumes that the kids dress up in for fun. Guess what Bug's favorite costume in the world is? SNOW WHITE! I was going to wait until he is 13 to make him watch First Blood, but I may have to move that up about 11 years:) Of course I am joking, but SNOW WHITE??

12 Comments:

Blogger ~ lauren said...

snow white. hmm, very interesting. does he wear the wig too?

my son used to do the dress up thing too when he was about bug's age. but it was butterfly wings.

9/3/07, 8:21 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

bug, being a millenium man and all - he's just trying to understand the female mind - don't you worry - a friends thought he was black for a few years - quite a feat for a california jewish kid - pretty funny all in all. Bug, he's just givin you a run for your money - see how crazy he can make daddy....
PS trying to make it to GR next weekend to cheer you on!

9/3/07, 5:33 PM  
Blogger Here and there said...

I wouldn't worry too much, Snow White got to hang out with the Seven Dwarfs, and dwarfs are very cool. I bet that's it. Sneezy, and laughy, and gassy, and grumpy...

9/3/07, 7:18 PM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Bugs awesome :-)

Can't wait for this weekend!!!!!!!

9/4/07, 10:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool. I would have gone for Cinderella myself, but to each his own.
Wait; did I say that outloud?

9/4/07, 2:12 PM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

Does Snow White wear a cape? Maybe he just needs the old style Batman and Robin series. A little underwear on the outside of the tights.

9/4/07, 3:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lauren - no wig that I know of, thank god.

Alicia - hope you can make it!

Cyndy - good point. Maybe he is fascinated by little people.

Danielle - me too. Hope it doesn't rain :(

Oldman - you should dress up for you gathering. Dress like the Burger King guy.

Syd - good question. Maybe I can steer him in the right direction if it is just the cape :)

9/4/07, 3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris: The Burger King freaks me out. And that weird Six Flags "old" dancing guy. Scary.
Think I'll just stick to my typical party attire; stocking hat and speedo! BOY HOWDY!! :^)

9/5/07, 9:47 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

stocking hat and speedo? that's cool. i prefer my joe boxers with the smiley face and a cycling cap but hey, whatever works!

i wouldn't worry about bug, i dug snow white too. look how normal i turned out!

9/5/07, 6:49 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

One time while xmas shopping, my son put this very pink Barbie Swimming Pool set into the basket. I tried to take it out, but he started crying! Luckily, being very young at the time, he got distracted and I took it out without him seeing.

Later in life though, he had the My Little Pet Shop collection. His friends would come over and say, These are girls toys! But shoot...it's just a pet shop. He wanted to be a vet!

Now he's in to Pokemon and Mario (nintendo).

Oh, and he likes jewelry too. But so do Kings and pirates, right?

9/6/07, 4:44 PM  
Blogger chatterbox said...

No worries, Chris! He's just a modern man who is comfortable with his sexuality....or just a little kid that likes to goof around with the cape and puff sleeves.

9/7/07, 4:51 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

so how was MI?? I suck - Mom made an announced stop at the house and I dropped plans to come to GR - how was the race?

hope you are doing well -

9/10/07, 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home