Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday

I had a good ride after work today. It was finally a nice day. No rain all day. Hallelujah! On the schedule for today was the "On Bike Strength" workout. Low HR, low RPM, big gear, etc. I actually really like doing this workout. I have always had a high RPM cadence. But the weird thing is while doing this workout I can maintain or exceed my normal speed and maintain a lower HR. However, I do feel the burn in my legs and that can only last for so long before I have to lighten the load. I think I will try to push a bigger gear at the next crit and see how it goes. I saw a few cool animals out in the fields today that I snapped pictures of.

Tomorrow I am off to Virginia for a few meetings and a bit of golf. I will be back Thursday evening. Have a good week.


The damn fence got is in the way, but I think this may be a Wildebeest.


I have no idea what this is. Cyclistrick?


BAAAAAAA


Hot out today.

11 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

glad you got to ride.

don't you have rain gear?

ha ha

have a great day!

peace out, yo!

7/31/07, 4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that you need to work on your low RPMs. My coach gives me these "progressive tempo" workouts, in which I have to do 100+ and maintain a progressively higher HR. They are painful, but it feels so good to ride at 90 RPMs after that. It's part of the never-ending work toward making me a "sprinter."

7/31/07, 9:00 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

that pic makes you look like you've lost a bunch of weight! have you?

wildebeest?

7/31/07, 10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear the you and your bike are on the road again in Texas. Of course, you do have to take the hot with the sun, Son! :^)

7/31/07, 1:29 PM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Chris, first to your question about the strange white antelope. The horns look like those of one of the species of Eland, but they are brown. So my best shot at the moment is the Addax , an endanged antelope from the Sahara.

Funny you are going for low RPM; I am trying to go the opposite. The track workouts last week made me think that I might want to be able to go above the 140-150 mark ....

7/31/07, 4:43 PM  
Blogger chatterbox said...

sounds like you finally had a good workout. Lots o' fun! Have safe travels.

8/1/07, 11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Apparently all your "whining" anout rain sent it all to Charlotte NC on Saturday night. Cripes!

I'm going to be starting some of those leg strength drills in my riding. I'm sure it will kill me.

8/1/07, 5:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - I own no rain gear.

Fendergal - your recent results indicate your training is on the right track for sure.

Lauren - slowly but surely the weight is coming down.

Rick - thanks for the info. I will try to snap a better pic soon.

Chatterbox - thanks

Mallie - Have you dried out yet? Your ordeal sounded brutual.

8/2/07, 1:10 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Look at that face! Ooooh, the bone structure!

8/2/07, 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but I am still a "sprinter." The only way I can compete in a sprint is to go to the front, go all out and hope nobody can come around me. Not much a jump, still! I just have to be crafty.

8/2/07, 6:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Eclectchick - pretty scary, eh?

Fendergal - whatever works!

8/2/07, 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home