Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nothing Happening

Here is what is up with me:

1) I am in SoCal for work and will be here until Friday. I will then spend the weekend in Laughlin and Vegas (for work) and will fly to Chicago on Monday morning for a meeting and then will fly back to Austin on Monday night.

2) I decided not to do either of the races that I was considering last weekend so I could spend some time with The Bug and my wife before leaving for my trip.

3) I just got back from an interval workout in my hotel fitness room. I can't begin to tell you how much it sucked because it was on a LifeCycle. Have you ever tried to do high HR intervals on a LifeCycle?

4) I am sad that I am missing Tour coverage. My hotel does not have Versus. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get feeds online?

5) It seems to have finally quit raining in Texas. Just in time for me to leave town. I can't really complain about the SoCal weather though. It is fabulous as always.

6) I am selling one of my bikes to a guy at work (the Leader) that I built up with some Ultegra stuff I had. I was thinking of using the proceeds to buy some tubular racing wheels. Who out there races tubulars? Are they worth having??

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1. SoCal? Skip the meetings and git out there and ride, damn it!
2. Sometimes, that is the best choice.
3. Lifecycles are evil. I would rather run stairs.
4. Go to the Versus.com site and watch the videos. It doesn't give you the whole race, but the highlights and interviews are posted.
5. Isn't that typical? Keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way until you get back.
6. Zipp makes an awesome wheel, but it comes with an awesome price. I have never ridden the tubulars, but there must be an advantage if all of the pro's ride them.
Have a safe trip.

7/11/07, 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. Lifecycles are a PITA. Literally, figuratively. Oldman is right, running stairs are a better workout, and will help you maintain that explosive leg pushoff.

There are a number of online video sites, but I honestly prefer to read the cyclingnews.com live commentary. I find it fires the imagination, and I get just as excited as watching it on TV.

Tubulars are tremendous. I love my Zipp 303s, mounted with Tufos. So friggin' light, so fast, so amazing.

7/11/07, 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried intervals on a LifeCycle. Once.

7/11/07, 2:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - thanks for the website. I may have to give stairs a try because I am about to off myself.

Federgal - thanks for the words on the tubulars. I have looked at the Zipps. Holy expensive. But I have heard as you say they are awesome.

Katie - that is one time too many.

7/11/07, 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sucked a little for you to miss a race, but Bug and I appreciated having you around this weekend. :-)

7/11/07, 5:52 PM  
Blogger shawnkielty said...

"I will then spend the weekend in Laughlin and Vegas (for work)"

Who goes to Vegas and Laughlin on a weekend to work? You know "What happens in Laughlin ..."

7/11/07, 11:54 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

doesn't cyclingtv show the tour?

i ride tubulars on the cyclocross bike and they're awesome. not sure about the road though.

i'm not even sure what a lifecycle is.

7/12/07, 6:29 AM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

LIfecycle. Eww. Tour... versus.com for highlights and recap.

7/12/07, 9:54 AM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Correction - so you could spend time with The Bug, the wife and . . . what are you calling the itsy bitsy teeny weeny Bug-to-be?

7/12/07, 3:34 PM  
Blogger Super Bon Bon said...

nice motivation! I despise hotel workout rooms...always overly stuffy and no natural light.

New idea - a website for cyclists on business 'bikers on business' - the best bike routes in the city. Does anything like this exist?

7/13/07, 7:19 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

tubulars are great. just make sure you learn to glue them on properly.

7/13/07, 11:11 AM  
Blogger Velovera said...

I had to ride the lifecycle three days at the W in Chicago last week... they didn't even have foot straps. My coach said that I should just do easy spinning as those bikes are dangerous. My butt hurt worse from that wide "seat" than it does from the skinny hard specialized!

7/17/07, 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home