Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Need a Snorkel

For those of you who don't know, Texas is getting absolutely soaked with rain. The rivers and streams are overflowing. Some of my bike routes are not passable because of the low water crossings. It is very different from how Texas normally is. It has rained everyday at least once for weeks and weeks. The forecast for the next week is more of the same. I hope it lets up on Sunday for the race in San Antonio.

I managed to get out for a short ride tonight when the rain stopped. It felt good to get out on the bike. I put on the new tires I will race with on Sunday - Veloflex Pave. Anne G. from Michigan told me when I got a set of the Pave for the retro roadie that they were the best rolling clinchers on the market. I was skeptical, but I am absolutely convinced that these things kick ass. If any of you out there race clinchers, you should give these a go. You will be able to tell a difference.

I was looking to do a road trip somewhere this year before the next Bug comes along in November. I have decided to head to Grand Rapids, MI to do the Priority Health Crit and to meet and hopefully ride with a few bloggers in the area such as Oldman. It should be fun. The earlier plan was to take a trip with my pal Sully but his balls came unattached at some point this year. Find your balls Sully. I miss ya, BRUTHA!

13 Comments:

Blogger bryan said...

racing clinchers? Most everybody does here. Tubulars are pretty rare in these here parts.

stay dry ... or find a comfy swimming suit.

6/28/07, 10:34 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lost his balls? i hate when that happens!! :) lol.

peace out, yo!

6/29/07, 4:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your swimming down there. I see it every night on the news and wondering how much it might be affecting you.
Hope you get your race in this weekend; might want to switch to the MTB and knobbies!
Glad to hear your coming up here for the race. We can work things out later, but you are welcome to hang at the Old Man Palace for the weekend. If your willing to mow the lawn! :^)

6/29/07, 5:39 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Are you seriously coming to the mitten state? We'll have to have a party for you - I'll get in my car and pick up Anne G on my way to GR - I'll totally cheer you on at the crit - Rock on my man! You bringing the missus and #1 Bug?

6/29/07, 6:28 AM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Send us some rain up here! That Tahoe Fire is still going... Nothing but wind and 3% humidity here. Suspect we won't see rain again till Halloween...

Ok, there are the occasionally afternoon thundershowers/lighting storms in July/August...hardly count as rain though compared to what you're getting.

6/29/07, 8:25 AM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Just put a couple of pontoons on the bike and fashion the rear into a paddlewheel ;-)

Roadtrip and a race. Sounds like fun! We will be watching for the streaming video feed of the race, and the post race beer bash.

6/29/07, 3:31 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

i like the pontoon idea.

rain, rain, go away...

6/29/07, 3:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You could send a bit of that stuff this way. Just a bit. We're going for some seriously low water here in GA. Once I'm done with the 24 I'm gonna wanna take out the kayak.

6/29/07, 3:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Bryan - most Cat 4/5s do here as well but as you move up in Cat, most people seem to use tubulars.

Blue - me too!

Oldman - thanks for the offer. I was seriously injured mowing once and can't properly grip the handle/wheel now. :)

Alicia - yes I am coming. It will just be me as it looks right now. It would be good to hang out with you and Anne.

Jeff - if we gave you half of it we would still have plenty.

Rick - just jump in the Element and come to MI. That is much better than video.

Lauren - the only way I am going out on a pontoon is if there is a keg on it.

Mallie - Kayak?? Is there anything that you don't do outdoors?

6/30/07, 5:15 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

What? Your coming to Michigan? Awesome!!! Old Man will have to host a "blogger barbecue" or something while you are here :-)

6/30/07, 7:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Blogger/BBQ party at my place after the race! Hot tub, bonfire, ribs and blueberry ale (and Founder's and Oberon). Everyone is welcome and no cover charge! :^)

7/1/07, 6:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Danielle - yup. I already have the plane ticket. I look forward to meeting you. Are you going to race?

Oldman - sounds like a blast. I am looking forward to some of that Bar Harbor.

7/1/07, 10:20 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Now I want to go, too!

7/2/07, 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home