Thursday, July 26, 2007

Holy Deja Vu Batman

Today was race day. I was pumped up. It rained during the day but dried up a bit just as I was leaving work at 4pm to head to the track. When I pulled in to the track, the gates were locked. I pulled over behind a few other cars that were waiting to go through and looked up and saw the sky was getting blacker. Then it started to pour. FUCK! Someone showed up to open the gate and we went in and parked. I sat there and watched the track get totally soaked and covered in puddles. I walked over to registration and they said that the official would make the call as to cancel or not when they arrived. The offical arrived and didn't even get out of their car before calling the race off. This is the second Thursday race in a row where this has happened to me. It was a good call both times, but shit! I haven't raced since July 1. I am itching to go. Oh well.

I watched The Bug push his truck around the big circle of rooms in our house last night. He seemed to be pushing the truck faster than the norm and did not tire after his usual 2 laps and was able to maintain his speed for 3 laps. I suspect doping. He claims to be a clean sportsman.

9 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

nahhhh.....

he doesn't look like a doper....

:)

7/26/07, 6:30 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

He looks clean to me. I suspect he is hiding bubble bath liquid in his bathroom. You'd better check.

7/26/07, 6:49 PM  
Blogger The SullaVinos: said...

Too cute and chubby to be a doper, for sure. :)

7/26/07, 6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That kid is high.
High on life.
He looks like a future sprinter to me!
Sorry about you missing your race. It has rained two days in a row here and I am getting withdrawls already.

7/26/07, 7:21 PM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

I bet he's discovered where the fruit rollups and cookies are hidden. ;) Just don't let him get into your Gu or Accelerade. Then you'd be toast.

7/26/07, 7:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I will take your words for it and spare him from urine analysis.

Syd - I can't imagine him hopped up on glucose polymers. He is a wildman as it is.

7/26/07, 7:42 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

go bug go!

he's way too cute to be doping. none of the cute ones dope.

7/26/07, 8:14 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Send me some rain! I'm going to send you a whole bunch of ziplock bags. You can fill them up with rain water and mail them back to me. I'll pour them out on all the dry and dusty trails...

7/27/07, 9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wo there Jeff.
Slow down fella.
I am pretty sure I was first in line for any "passing of rain water"!

7/27/07, 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home