Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Things..........

Here is what I am up to:

1) Work travel is exhausting. This week I was to be gone M,T and W in SoCal. I got a call from a sales guy that needed my help so I agreed to fly from SoCal to Minneapolis for 3 meetings. Now I won't get home until late on Friday night.

2) Yesterday it was determined that I would have to attend a meeting next week in Germany. So yesterday I booked travel for this coming Tuesday to Munich. I am flying over Tuesday, arriving Wednesday morning, having a meeting and dinner on Wednesday, and then flying back to Texas on Th morning. With the wife extremely pregnant, I just can't be gone two full weeks in a row, so this crazy schedule is what has to happen.

3) I was going to ride in an organized "Tour" this Saturday morning with some guys from work. It would have been fun - 65 or so miles at a nice leisurely pace. That is not going to happen now because of the work travel and home responsibilities. But mostly because I want to hang out with The Bug as much as I can this weekend.

4) My off season is not off to a great start. I am eating too much, drinking way too much booze, and not exercising enough. That shit has to change this week.

5) On a positive note, after a marathon weed eating session last weekend my eyesore hill is showing potential. I need to get it in shape as soon as I can make some time.

Have a good Wednesday.

13 Comments:

Blogger Super Bon Bon said...

Travels rough on us cyclists...hang in there.

9/19/07, 9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That schedule sound rough. Nice of you to take on that marathon to spend more time at home.
Sorry your not riding as much as you would like, but glad to hear your hitting the booze! :^)
Now, get back outside and get that yardwork done!

9/20/07, 5:42 AM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Funny how you kick around the idea of flying to Munich, like I might kick around the idea of heading down to the local coffee shop! You are so worldly!

9/20/07, 9:28 AM  
Blogger allan said...

Jeff..I was thinking the same thing.

Quite a schedule your taking on. Good on you for doing it!

9/20/07, 1:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Bonnie - you know it as well as I do.

Oldman - one thing has always been there for me in life - Booze.

Jeff - too worldly. It can suck.

Allan - you want to do if for me? Ha!

9/20/07, 6:33 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

travel and cycling - oh man, that's rough.

but you have such a good attitude about it. i think i'd be more grumpy.

9/21/07, 8:40 AM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

You're killing me. Munich during Oktoberfest season? Sheesh, sounds like funny business to me ;-)

Enjoy the booze, but watch the calories; we know that fat camp sucks.

And priorities - spending time with the Bug, and being there as Bug2 prepares to enter the world are where its at.

9/22/07, 8:16 AM  
Blogger Velovera said...

off season is hard for us crazy cycling critters. In response to your rest up comment... my upgrade request was sent last night to the NCNCA man who then told me I have to send it to the Colorado USCF b/c I now live here in CO. Casey forwarded it onto the CO person... so I guess I will hear sooner than later.

9/22/07, 2:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lauren - my attitude sucks:)

Rick - I am looking forward to Wednesday night in Munich. All I have to do on Th is sleep on the plane, so it should be all good.

Vera - hope it goes smoothly for you.

9/22/07, 6:52 PM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

Don't envy your schedule, Chris, not one teeny bit. When I'm bitching about mine tomorrow, I'm gonna think about yours and turn mine into cake.

9/23/07, 7:27 PM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

That's way to much traveling. Hang in there...and drink some good beer in Germany for me!

9/24/07, 9:34 AM  
Blogger The SullaVinos: said...

I can't believe you were in Minneapolis and didn't call us. Shame, shame ...

9/29/07, 8:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Country Folk - I called Sully 3 damn times! He never returned my calls. I couldn't figure it out.

9/30/07, 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home