Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grinding Away

I was in Virginia this week and had internet connection problems at my hotel, so I am catching up on all of your blogs this morning. I never have connection problems unless the internet provider at the hotel is ibahn. A lot of Marriott hotels use ibahn services. I can get on if I call the number and they manually authenticate my computer, but I get tired of talking to those people so often.

I was a bit sick on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Some sort of stomach thing. Nothing great gobs of Pepto couldn't cure, but it prevented me from even getting to a stationary bike at the hotel. Oh well.

Aside from that, training has been ok. I had one of my best workouts of the year on Monday which was basically a strength building workout - 50 rpm moderate HR hill repeats. I also had one of my worst of the year yesterday. I had trouble getting my HR up and once that became apparent, I mentally checked out. I got through it and tried to quickly forget it. Today I will go out and do my "Tune Up" workout to prepare for my crit tomorrow in San Antonio. I expect the race to be one of the smaller races of the year, but I look forward to getting some intensity in. June is a busy racing month for me. If the gods are good, I will get to do the ones I have scheduled.

I had to order a new rear derailler hanger for my race bike yesterday. I am not sure what happened to the current one, but the screw is stripped out and it is barely hanging on. Once I clamp the skewer down things stay in place. I think it will hold on tomorrow.


Here is a picture of my little guy Tony who is now almost 7 months old. Hard to believe.

And finally, #5 on "Top 10 Cheesiest Songs of All Time That You Probably Like But Won't Admit It." I am going to slow it down a bit. Even the Nights Are Better by Air Supply. This video even has some solid cycling scenes!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Now that was cheesey!!!! I totally forgot about Air Supply!

Your little guy is soooo cute!

good luck with all your June races!!!

5/31/08, 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care if there are cycling scenes in this video. I am not watching it. (Fingers in ears, singing la la la la!)

OMG, cute baby!

5/31/08, 4:53 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

sweet and sour.

sweet little baby, but that video - i can't watch without feeling all sour inside. it's so uncomfortable.

5/31/08, 5:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lily - thanks. Now you can go upload some AS from iTunes.

Fendergal - you watched it. Admit it.

Lauren - why does it make you sour? I think Tony is kind of cute too.

6/1/08, 9:44 AM  
Blogger AMR said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/1/08, 5:14 PM  
Blogger AMR said...

Hi Chris,
Hope you had a good race.
First 45 sec of your #5 are pretty hard to listen to then it gets a little better. I managed 1 min 21 sec but had to give up, my ear drums started lactating.
Good work.
PS. Young Tony has sprinter's legs already...

6/1/08, 5:21 PM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

When will Tony tell you what his nickname will be?

I remember seeing AS as the opening act for a concert in 1977 or thereabouts. Really do not need to listen to them again.

6/1/08, 9:19 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris, buddy.... where do you find that stuff?

i agree, the tonemeister is a cutie. he's gonna be a heart breaker....

6/2/08, 4:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

amrcyclist - that is longer than I expect most made it.

Rick - he likes Tone so far. I guess when he starts talking we will know if he does or doesn't. I would have taken you as a die hard Air Supply fan.

Blue - I have one for you that you are sure to love. I will post it soon.

6/2/08, 12:27 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Tony is adorable!!!!

Air Supply on the other hand (breaks into dry heaves).

6/3/08, 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home