Saturday, April 07, 2007

Paris Pictures

Most of you have probably been to Paris, so these pictures are not going to be anything new to you. I had some time on Monday and hit a few of the common sites. I have seen all of these before, but it was nice to see them again.


The Parisians aren't crazy about it, but I think it is pretty cool.


The Plaza de la Concorde.


Famous to bicycle fans and shoppers alike.


Sigghhh. What could have been. If I hadn't squandered my prime years as well as lacked talent, drive and motivation, I could have ridden a victory lap with the Stars & Stripes.


One of the many flower patches in the Louvre gardens.


A view of the front of Notre Dame cathedral.


One of the many cups of coffee at one of the many little cafes that I visited.

5 Comments:

Blogger bryan said...

Most of us have been to Paris? You talking Paris, Texas? I haven't been there, either. But I have been to Madrid ... Iowa.

Cool pics. I need to go to Europe.

4/7/07, 8:11 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

I haven't even been to the Paris thing in Las Vegas! Lucky...

4/8/07, 8:00 AM  
Blogger BikerB said...

Enjoy viewing your photos! My blog www.bikerkiss.com/blog/jennifer

4/9/07, 3:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Paris. Sure. Been there done that. NOT.

Really great pictures, but what is that spire-looking thing? Is that a french rocket lauching tower or something? I didn't know they had astronauts in French, I mean France.

4/9/07, 5:19 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - it is called the Obelisk of Luxor and is 3300 years old. It is from the time of Ramses II and was a gift to Charles X from the Egyptians in 1829.

4/9/07, 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home