Sunday, November 09, 2008

November 9

Yesterday I did the Wurst Ride with some friends. The ride is a one way ride from Austin to New Braunfels where the Wurstfest is going on. I knew a few of the guys in the group wanted to go fast, so I figured I would probably fall off the back since I did not want to go fast at this point. As expected, the pace was hard and I decided that after 10 or so miles that I was going to slow down. I was riding the Retro Rocket which was a nice change. I ended up with 65 miles in total. The wind was blowing hard at times and there was a flat straight 5 mile stretch into the wind that was absolutely brutal. It was a good ride all things said. Plus, we got to drink some beer and eat some sausages at Wurstfest after the ride.


The group after the ride.


Check out this moron.

13 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

i've heard of that wurstfest thingy! sounds like fun!

11/9/08, 8:41 PM  
Blogger Neese said...

your chocolate milk comment made me laugh, ch. milk IS delicious, but the beauty of the VitaMix blender is you can put all sorts of veggies (and not so yummy sounding items) in there but once mixed it's amazingly tasty!

11/10/08, 4:58 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

Wurst and beer... tasty! Sounds like a fun ride except for the headwinds.
Thanks for the "road rash" video.

11/10/08, 7:13 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

what? no girls on your rides? what's up with that?

11/10/08, 7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is that Motley Crew?
A ride centered around beer and bratwurst? It's like a dream come true!
No hurry to save the guy in the video; any brain damage would be redundant!

11/10/08, 9:42 AM  
Blogger jahowie said...

This post really made me miss my bike. Sounds like a great ride!!

11/12/08, 5:58 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - it was fun. I know you always appreciate the moron videos I post.

Neese - yeah. I will take the chocolate milk.

Donald - nothing like a cold beer in a plastic cup at the end of a ride.

Lauren - I invited a few strippers, but the didn't show.

Oldman - you should try that with your Mustang.

Jahowie - put some studs on it and get it out.

11/12/08, 7:58 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Beeeerrrr,

sounds like a blast and yes, that video guy is a total dork, if he lived....

11/13/08, 3:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The mustang is no more. At least the automobile version.
I will try it with the Sinister tonight and see if I can duplicate the stunt! :^)

11/13/08, 9:52 AM  
Blogger Groover said...

Wurstfest! I bet that has some German origin. Sounds like you had a great ride. Must be time for base training?

11/13/08, 1:51 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Sounds great! Except for the sausage part. Got Boca sausage?t

;-D

11/13/08, 2:36 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

The velodrome neouse is concrete and about 333m,It does have steep banks and will be great for practising starts in the IP!

11/13/08, 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sausage and bikes just go together!

11/14/08, 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home