Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday

I set out to redo my HR test today after a botched test on Friday. Mr. P rode along with me because he wanted to get out on the bike. I was able to get my HR higher than on Friday, but not where I believe the MAX is. I will let my coach decide how to move forward.

We have a babysitter coming tonight, so the wife and I are going to go out for dinner. It should be fun. A meal once a week without getting hit by flying Mac & Cheese or a sippy cup is nice.

I will be in Chicago on Tuesday, Wed, and Th of this week. I will have to do my workouts on a stationary bike. That should be a real joy. I guess I will just fire up some SOUTHERN FRIED ROCK AND ROLL and get after it.


I am not trying to rub it in, but the weather here today was spectacular. Note the Radillac for scale.


The nice clear water of the Colorado River.


The Mansfield Dam which holds back Lake Travis.


Mr. P feeling the burn at the top of Steiner Ranch Hill.


Team kit. SOUTHWEST CYCLE SPORT RULES!

5 Comments:

Blogger bryan said...

Ohhhhh .... you're gonna get fast. That's pretty cool.

4/16/07, 7:57 AM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Mebbe you'd be better served by doing a lactate threshold or V02 max test, instead??

Just sayin'. :-)

4/16/07, 9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heart rate, coaches, VO max; are you taking this cycling thing seriously now? Man, I was hoping I had at least one "slacker buddy" left in the blog-sphere. But it's looks like its only me now.
Hey, from the looks of that team kit photo, you have cut back on weights and focusing on cardio now (remember your Mr. Muscles photo?)!
Sorry that Chi-town is 3 hours from my place or we could hook up and ride. Or you could skip the stationary bike and meet me at Wrigley for brats, beers and Baseball! :^)

4/16/07, 9:34 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

dude, you should race track. you look like you have a lot of muscle.

and crits too. muscle is good for crits too.

you look like you could be a fast critter once you get your specific training going.

4/16/07, 1:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oldman - Yeah, I gotta slim it up. I will still be your slacker buddy though. We can just watch people ride and offer advice while sipping some beers. HA!

Lauren - I think you are right about the crit thing. I still need to slim it down for sure.

4/16/07, 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home