Saturday, March 28, 2009

Driveway Crit 3/26

I decided to race the 3/4 race this week. I estimated about 40 riders at the start. The first few laps were uneventful. There were a few attacks after that but nothing stuck. I felt good throughout the race. The last lap snuck up on me. I wasn't paying attention to the cards and was surprised to hear the bell. I wasn't in a good position. I saw an opening and was able to move to the front of the peleton. I came into the corner before the finish first and ended up sprinting to third. Oh well.

7 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

"oh well"? sounds pretty decent to me. 30f here this morning with a nw wind at 30, but the sun is shining and it snowed a bit last night. the roads look clear.....

3/29/09, 8:04 AM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

no kidding. congrats. Podium should never be dissed - even if what you really really wanted was the top of it. :)

3/30/09, 7:59 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

you call this a race report?

for a 3rd you owe us more.

3/31/09, 7:32 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - you never answer the question when I ask, "Why do you live up there??"

Syd - you know what I want! 3rd is good, but not good enough.

Lauren - yeah, it sucks. I promise more on the next one.

3/31/09, 7:06 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

why? it's god's country up here!

4/1/09, 4:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sloppy.
No heart to the story at all.
I was bored before I got to "third place".
Step it up there fella or I'm sticking with Cyclingnews for my race reports!
(Congrats on the finish!)

4/1/09, 2:14 PM  
Blogger Groover said...

Congrats to the podium finish but I have to agree with comments above. Give us the whole story in colourful word pictures that take the breath away and not just a laconic "Oh well!". :-)

4/4/09, 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home