Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sprouting Cacti

The cacti are blooming in Texas right now. It is an interesting sight to see. I didn't even know that cacti bloomed until I moved down here.

Not much has changed since my last post. I am still eating well, training, blah blah blah. I rode on Sunday and got poured on. My bike is filthy and my shoes are still drying. It was just not a fun day.

The retro rocket is done. I am just waiting for the tan wall tires to show up. You would be surprised at how few options there are out there for tan/gum wall tires. I will post pictures shortly. I am really happy with the way it turned out.

I am looking forward to the Crit on Thursday. This will be the first one in a month due to travel and other commitments. My goal is to improve over the last race. Time will tell.

9 Comments:

Blogger chatterbox said...

Ooh. Pretty cactus photo! Perhaps we will have to get out to Texas one of these days for our hot-weather training.

Good luck at the crit. I'm sure you will improve. Make a solid goal to last 1 more lap than you did last time. That will give you something to focus on when you become loopy from lack of oxygen.

4/24/07, 9:12 PM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

i just planted some cacti at lunch today. i noticed some of the ones i use to have in front sprouted little pretty flowers last year.

good luck with the crit!let us know how it goes.

4/24/07, 9:43 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

stuff newspaper in your shoes. they will dry overnight without getting stiff.

peace out, yo!

4/25/07, 4:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the cacti are still there after last night's twisters. Was any of that mess near you?
I hate riding in the rain; I hustled home last night to avoid it and lost about 30 minutes of ride time.
Good luck tomorrow!

4/25/07, 5:01 AM  
Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

I bet the cacti are gorgeous. Good tip on the newspaper. I'll have to try that. We suffered a deluge yesterday but it looks like it will clear off by ride time tonight. :)

4/25/07, 5:31 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

rode last night in the beautiful weather here in the mitten state - now I'm paying for it - rain today, rain tomorrow and possibly rain on friday - grrrrrr -
but on the upside - four days of riding outside - yipppee

Good luck with the crit - rubber side down!

4/25/07, 7:30 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Good luck with the crit Chris. And try the newspaper thing. It does work!

4/25/07, 7:55 AM  
Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Cactus blooms take me back to my days of living in the various southwestern US deserts. Love the floral displays!

I keep checking for those retro rocket pix. Will you be posting info on the build, or just the photos?

Good luck on crit tomorrow! Watch 'Breaking Away' tonight for inspiration.

4/25/07, 10:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the tip on the newspaper and all the luck in the crit.

I am now going to post the retro rocket pics.

Cyclistrick - I didn't really take pictures of the build, so just the finished product.

4/25/07, 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home