Friday, June 20, 2008

Thursday Night Crit Report (6/19)

I raced the Cat 3/4 Driveway Criterium last night. The goal was to go out and get in some good intensity in preparation for the AT&T Crit on Saturday. It was almost 100 degrees at start time which was kind of shitty. But it is Texas in June, so that is just how it is.

There were 50-60 racers at the start. I found myself about mid pack through the first half of the race and then started to move up. With 3 to go I was sitting 4th wheel. I moved up to take a pull on the uphill section and then tucked back in again. On the last lap I lost a few places going into the tightest corner of the course. My teammate attacked hard on the downhill section on the last lap. Nobody reacted because they thought he would be caught on the uphill. He wasn't caught. He held off a hard sprint to win. I finished 12th. Not a bad result for racing against the fastest Cat 3s in Texas.

A few pros who were in town showed up for the race. Kyle Wamsley from Colavita won the P/1/2 race. Rahsaan Bahati from Rock Racing was there racing, but looked like he was just getting in some work in preparation for Saturday.


Here is a picture with around 3 to go. I am in the blue and white.

And finally to put an end to this horrible idea. Here is #1 on "Top 10 Cheesiest Songs of All Time That You Probably Like But Won't Admit It." Anybody who says they never cranked this song in the car and sang at the top of their lungs is full of shit (maybe with the exception of Blue). Here is Lou Gramm and Foreigner with "I Want to Know What Love Is."

11 Comments:

Blogger bluecolnago said...

hey! i like that song! i also dig cindy lauper. no kidding. she's hot!

6/20/08, 8:00 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

I had a really great comment, then I read Blue and crack right up!! LMAO!! I like Cindy too!!!

Great pic Chris, I can feel the speed, holy yikes you guys fly!!!

OBTW, I still crank it up and sing at the top of my lungs!!!

Thanks for the walks down memory lane, I'll miss this feature for sure....LOL

6/21/08, 5:25 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

That's a great song. Cold as Ice is also another really good one by Foreigner (I don't think I should know this being 19...).

Good report as well! :-)

6/21/08, 5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with Whitey; "cold as ice" kicks ass! This wasn't my favorite Foreigner tune but they were a great band.
Sounds like your having a great year of racing. You have been consistent in finishing well even against the faster riders. Congrats Speedy!

6/21/08, 7:51 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Your top ten cheesy songs have been getting stuck in my head on my rides. Thanks a lot! :-)

Good job at the crit! The majority of our days are still in the 60-70's here. I can't imagine racing in 100 degrees.

6/21/08, 7:56 AM  
Blogger AMR said...

Great to see you at the front, as always! They way you are going, a podium finish isn't too far now...

Will have to google that song... :)

6/21/08, 12:36 PM  
Blogger Groover said...

Just cranked it up really loud on my computer and sang on the top of my lungs .. it woke the cat. :-)

P.S. Can you start a new song feature: "My ipod playlist for hard training rides" or something along the lines?

6/21/08, 5:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - I can't figure your tastes out.

Lily - looks can be deceiving :)

Whitey - does that one remind out of "slow skate" at the rink?

Oldman - thanks

Danielle - I will give you a break for a while at least :) On your rides you probably are searching things to fill your head and make the hours pass by anyway.

Rick - a top 3 would be nice for sure.

Groover - I will give the next TOP LIST some thought and get back to you :)

6/22/08, 8:08 AM  
Blogger chatterbox said...

woo hoo! You're having a great season, Chris. Keep up the good work. The payoff is coming soon.

6/22/08, 2:23 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

thank god that list is finally done.

oh, and there's this: CRIT MONSTER LIVES.

6/23/08, 11:24 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chatterbox - thanks!

Bryan - yeah. Some ideas sound better than they play out.

6/23/08, 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home