1) My sister-in-law who has been staying with us runs almost everyday. On her run on Friday she got mauled by a dog not far from our house. Not just any dog, but get this, a Bull Mastiff. Thankfully a neighbor was driving by as the dog attacked her and it only had time to get her hip and elbow before he beat it off of her. We spent all day Friday in the emergency room with her. They were concerned there was some artery damage so she had to have an angiogram or something where they go up through the artery in the groin with a camera. There was artery damage, but not enough to warrant surgery. The dog who is never out of the yard somehow escaped the fence they have constructed around their property. The dog has to stay in quarantine for 10 days at the vet according to Texas law.
2) I went on a great ride yesterday with a few friends. The ride leaves from the Progress Coffee
shop in Austin and heads east into the flat lands. Most of the 40-50 people were local racers from various teams. We did 50 miles at an average just over 20 mph. It was a great ride and I had a blast.
3) My boys are getting bigger by the day. Angelo keeps telling me he is going to the bike shop and he will be back soon. That kid has bikes on the brain at 2 years old. Tony started daycare last week and is doing great.
5) THIS GUY
is definitely up for the Cold Bastard of the Year award.
6) I will be at home for a few weeks and look forward to getting in some solid training time.
7) This picture of my cracked seat was requested by Ron